Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bounty Hunter Bard? is it likely? lets discuss.

So I am interested in playing as a Bard, obviously the classes are not flushed out enough to say for sure, but if the Bard class could compete with other classes in a 1v1 situation, that would be fun.

I am also sure there will be bounty hunter groups and guilds that a bard would fit perfectly inside. but I would love to hear the thoughts of others on this.

my main concern would be CC heavy classes and burst heavy classes (rogue, mage)

Comments

• Options
    It'll depend on the bard's design. L2's bards had super strong buffs and if they went up against a solo player w/o such buffs, the bard would demolish that player. If the PKer is a solo player w/o buffs (I highly doubt this would ever be the case) - you might be able to hunt him as a BH bard. Otherwise you'd probably need a dps friend to help you out.

Well, at least that's how I see it going down.
  • Options
    @NiKr yeah that is a good point, from what I have heard, mostly speculation, it seems like most classes should be able to provide themselves decent buffs. (Tank, Mage) comes to mind, I think when the ranger reveal comes out (I think at the end of this month) we will have a little bit more of a guess how the other classes will operate within the game.
  • Options
    Well if bards are similar to some of the setups you could do in archeage then absolutely.
    5000x1000px_sathrago_commission_ravenjuu_1.jpg?ex=665ce6c0&is=665b9540&hm=1fa03cbbd9ea4d641eaf4ca6f133d013d392b1968d6ca9add7d433259c509d09&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Jok999 wrote: »
    NiKr yeah that is a good point, from what I have heard, mostly speculation, it seems like most classes should be able to provide themselves decent buffs.
    L2 had self-buffs too, but bard's buffs went on top of that and gave even bigger bonuses, so a bard would be fighting under semi-full buff while other solo players were only fighting with very limited self-buffs.

I personally hope that AoC's bards just buff the effects of self-buffs of the entire party. So everyone is strong solo and have roughly equal boosts from their own buffs, while the bard makes them all strong w/o being OP solo.
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Well if bards are similar to some of the setups you could do in archeage then absolutely.

So I never played archeage or L2 as the above comment stated. would you mind elaborating on what you mean by "Set ups"? thank you
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    NiKr yeah that is a good point, from what I have heard, mostly speculation, it seems like most classes should be able to provide themselves decent buffs.
    L2 had self-buffs too, but bard's buffs went on top of that and gave even bigger bonuses, so a bard would be fighting under semi-full buff while other solo players were only fighting with very limited self-buffs.

I personally hope that AoC's bards just buff the effects of self-buffs of the entire party. So everyone is strong solo and have roughly equal boosts from their own buffs, while the bard makes them all strong w/o being OP solo.

Interesting, yeah from what I have heard the team is trying to create an "active" playstyle for bard, as not to make them a background buff slave like in some games.

so I too am hoping for something similar to what you are asking and I hope it plays closely to how the hunting horn from the monster hunter series has played in the past. where you need to be attacking and incorporating your buffs into your rotation to be effective.
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »

So I never played archeage or L2 as the above comment stated. would you mind elaborating on what you mean by "Set ups"? thank you

The archeage class system let you choose three different classes to combine, creating a unique class allowing you to use all three of the sub-classes' spells. Some of those combinations in addition to the right gear choices let you spam bard song notes at people for insane amounts of damage.
    5000x1000px_sathrago_commission_ravenjuu_1.jpg?ex=665ce6c0&is=665b9540&hm=1fa03cbbd9ea4d641eaf4ca6f133d013d392b1968d6ca9add7d433259c509d09&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    As bounty hunting is a form of PvP I would hope Bards had their place in the party. Without having the classes available for testing or even a bard showcase to watch it's hard to say where they will fit.
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited September 2022
    GetDatGreg wrote: »
    Without having the classes available for testing or even a bard showcase to watch it's hard to say where they will fit.

look-what.gif

Wait for the Bard skills first, and then we can have this discussion again!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/