Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The combat system ideas

Just to share an idea for the hybrid combat system AoC is going for...

So next to the abilities you will recieve from your class (which can be tab-target), you will be able to choose a weapon (action combat).

What i think would be cool to see is a talent tree for each different weapon. For example, lets take the two-handed sword.

Fast attack combination 1: LMB + LMB + LMB (last attack does increased damage to a single target)
or you can choose
Fast attack combination 2: LMB + LMB + LMB (last attack does a short spinning attack dealing damage to all enemies around you)

Next combination on the talent tree could be...

Heavy attack combination 1: LMB + LMB + hold shift and press LMB (last attack takes longer to finish and has a 100% crit chance)
or you can choose
Heavy attack combination 2: LMB + LMB + hold shift and press LMB (last attack takes longer to finish, does more damage then a normal fast attack and stuns the target for 2 seconds)

Within those LMB-attacks you can still use your abilities from your class. I think using this kind of combat system, would be perfect for a hybrid combat system that AoC would like to implement.

Let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    I see, thanks.
  • Options
    I hope there are a lot of ways to attack in the moment. Light & Heavy scratching the surface.
  • Options
    While I appreciate the effort you put into your OP, let the record stand: Steven has said he is vehemently against "skills tied to weapons"(like GW2 and New World), and that those types of skills will not exist in AoC
    jlyhubmxm6w1.png

Founder and Guild Leader of -Providence-
  • Options
    I hope there are a lot of ways to attack in the moment. Light & Heavy scratching the surface.

I hope the combat is a lit bit faster then what e saw in the basic weapon attack video
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    LordBlank wrote: »

I hope the combat is a lit bit faster then what e saw in the basic weapon attack video

Which part?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    LordPax wrote: »
    While I appreciate the effort you put into your OP, let the record stand: Steven has said he is vehemently against "skills tied to weapons"(like GW2 and New World), and that those types of skills will not exist in AoC

Perhaps i do not know enough of the game right now, so excuse me if this isn't the case.

Will you be able to use any weapon you want regardless of your archtype? I thought that was the case. If so, i think it would be good to have actives and passives within the weapon skill trees. For instance, if you want to play as a tank in AoC, i believe right now the only way is to choose the tank archtype. It makes me feel there will be no variaty within the tank class. However when you have a weapon skill tree with actives/passives for a shield user, you could be a cleric/mage/bard (whatever you choose to be) that can be usefull as a tank aswell.
  • Options
    Dfaultjoe wrote: »
    Will you be able to use any weapon you want regardless of your archtype? I thought that was the case. If so, i think it would be good to have actives and passives within the weapon skill trees. For instance, if you want to play as a tank in AoC, i believe right now the only way is to choose the tank archtype. It makes me feel there will be no variaty within the tank class. However when you have a weapon skill tree with actives/passives for a shield user, you could be a cleric/mage/bard (whatever you choose to be) that can be usefull as a tank aswell.
    Those other archetypes can take the Tank as their secondary and do off-tanking if they want to. Weapons got nothing to do with it. We also have 0 info about the weapon skill tree. Though what we do know is that there won't be any NW-like weapon skills. And yes, anyone can use any weapon.