Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alphanumeric Value for Character Creator

WumpusAmungusWumpusAmungus Member
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
As we are all aware, the Character Creator is going to provide extreme fine-tuning of even the smallest details of our characters. I can imagine spending lots of time getting everything just right, especially if there won't be a way to adjust any of my attributes later in the game (like a barbershop or beauty salon).

If players are going to spend so much time creating a character, we need a way to replicate the way our character looks for any alts we create. One of the easiest ways to do this is via an alphanumeric value that is assigned to your character once you have locked in all your fine-tuning. You can then save this value locally and when you create an alt, you can paste this value into the content creator and your new character will have all the same features as your primary character.

Think about all of the additional uses for this. Want a character that looks like Pee Wee Herman? Create it and share the code for it so others can be Pee Wee too. Want one that looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger? Create it and share the code. Imagine a guild where everyone looks like Steven Sharif. The possibilities are endless.

Comments

• funny idea lol
  • Intrepid want to give us the CC before alpha2 (unless this plan has changed since april). So I'm pretty sure we'll be able to export/import our characters.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character_creator#Timeline
  • NiKr wrote: »
    Intrepid want to give us the CC before alpha2 (unless this plan has changed since april). So I'm pretty sure we'll be able to export/import our characters.

Have they mentioned the importing/exporting functions? I think just giving us access to the creator is just so we can play around with it. Hopefully you are right because getting your character just right before Alpha 2 so you can jump in the game as soon as it is live would be ideal.

• Have they mentioned the importing/exporting functions? I think just giving us access to the creator is just so we can play around with it. Hopefully you are right because getting your character just right before Alpha 2 so you can jump in the game as soon as it is live would be ideal.
    Don't remember if they have but it would not only be very weird to let us use the CC w/o letting us save our creations, but also really stupid to go against a shitton of other games that do let you import/export your characters.
  • ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I hope it's similar to BDO's character creator where you can save the template, name it, upload, etc. BUT in BDO you could only do it per class, and I'd rather have it to where we can save and use it on any character we make.

If I want the same face on 5 different classes, let me lol.
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    edited September 2022
    Chime wrote: »
    I hope it's similar to BDO's character creator where you can save the template, name it, upload, etc. BUT in BDO you could only do it per class, and I'd rather have it to where we can save and use it on any character we make.

If I want the same face on 5 different classes, let me lol.
    I think it was per class because BDO is gender/race-blocked iirc. So you couldn't make a human dude's face/body and then somehow copy the same values onto a an elf woman's class.
  • I see more positive than negative aspects in allowing players to "export" your character's looks as an alphanumeric value which you then can quickly and easily replicate if you want to. And it's not even remotely close to being difficult to implement, just turn every slider into a value, always in the same order, and it's done.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶