Idea for a title

Almost all MMOs have a pvp counter and a pk counter. But why not bring something new to this game? The counter of days when the character was not killed or did not kill another player/monster. The reward for which bydet title with nice bonuses. In the format "Daily quest, progressing". (if this quest is not completed daily, the counter is reset to zero) If a player has not been killed (not killed in pvp/pve/pc) for 30/60/90/120... days, then the player has received the corresponding title with bonuses corresponding to the difficulty. This would give a number of advantages and fame among other players. It would also be a target to induce failure on the part of his opponents. These titles would be worn by dozens (if not just a few) of players on the server.
5ls3nob7lngp.gif

Comments

• HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can appreciate this but I don't like the idea for the simple reason that you know people will spin up a hermit mage and live in a ruined mountain castle logging in for 2 seconds a day to keep the counter clicking over until the heat death of the universe and wasting a good server slot that could go to a more active player.
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here.
    And all the emptiness inside disappears.
  • Natasha wrote: »
    I can appreciate this but I don't like the idea for the simple reason that you know people will spin up a hermit mage and live in a ruined mountain castle logging in for 2 seconds a day to keep the counter clicking over until the heat death of the universe and wasting a good server slot that could go to a more active player.

why in our world there are vegetarians, pacifists, hermits.... but in this world they cannot be? playing the same Pathfinder, I can be one of them. These nuances fill the world with life... And it would be interesting for me to see how ideological personalities exist in the game.
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • the game is not only about violence, murder, craft... and it would be foolish to log into the game for 2 seconds for 365 days, for the sake of a title ... which gives a bonus, but is not commensurate with what the player gave up for this. If it will be someone's viola, which he masters something, so be it .. But if an active and lively player achieves this, then this is a great respect.
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif
  • Roxi wrote: »
    Almost all MMOs have a pvp counter and a pk counter. But why not bring something new to this game? The counter of days when the character was not killed or did not kill another player/monster. The reward for which bydet title with nice bonuses. In the format "Daily quest, progressing". (if this quest is not completed daily, the counter is reset to zero) If a player has not been killed (not killed in pvp/pve/pc) for 30/60/90/120... days, then the player has received the corresponding title with bonuses corresponding to the difficulty. This would give a number of advantages and fame among other players. It would also be a target to induce failure on the part of his opponents. These titles would be worn by dozens (if not just a few) of players on the server.

It wouldnt work. There's zero prestige in a title that could and would be exploited by players with ease. Titles have to be something that requires accomplishments and there simply wouldnt be a way to keep players from exploiting it
  • I remember in Guild Wars 1, there was a special title for getting to max level without dying.

I never got it :(
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • "Anyone have ideas on how I can earn rewards in Ashes ... without engaging in PvP?"
  • RoxiRoxi Member
    edited September 2022
    "Anyone have ideas on how I can earn rewards in Ashes ... without engaging in PvP?"

the idea is not to not participate in pvp or pve, but not to increase the counter of pvp / pve / pk kills, deaths.
    the same support can try to do it, or players who are making / creating professions.

tanks, healers, merchants, sailors, animal breeders...
    5ls3nob7lngp.gif