Cleric Class Names should make more sense than they do.

A Cleric/Tank is called an Apostle, which is defined (and historically known) as an advocate for a particular idea, belief or cause, like the 12 Apostles spreading the Gospel of Jesus.
Apostle is much more fitting for the Cleric/Bard (currently named Scryer) combination than Cleric/Tank.
"The bard knows secret and powerful words, is able to speak into being terrible nightmares, or convince foes to become friends."

Makes much more sense for the Apostle class to be weaving words of encouragement and/or nightmares to other players, convincing them to join their cause, etc., than the Tank archetype who should be anticipating and manipulating others for defense like someone who can foretell.

Perhaps they should switch Class names.

Comments

• Maybe they should change the name of the game, too, cos ashes are usually left when something's destroyed not created. And maybe Steven should change his name, too. Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure what "Rahunei" means, either. Maybe you should change your name, too.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure what "Rahunei" means, either. Maybe you should change your name, too.

It is an imaginary compound of arabic and greek for "he who bets."
  • We don't know which augment schools either bard or tank have. The naming scheme might make sense in that context.
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2022
    So Champion & Defender of particular cause and belief vs Lore Master?

They seem fine to me. That isn't to say that they couldn't be better, but what do you suggest?