Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Living Dungeon: think epic Sarlaac type creature

MattchooMattchoo Member
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
I was just pontificating on different dungeon types and had this idea, I admit it is not a new concept, and was wondering what the general discussion crowd thought.

Dungeon Entrances: Similar to Sarlaac pits and could be scattered through out Verra. These entrances could have an organic waterslide type feel, or whatever the devs decide being swallowed by an epic creature would be like. Different entrance location could lead to different body systems to explore/exploit.

Dungeon Size: The main body of this creature would be epic in size, I would imagine something like the Rick and Morty episode. It could be located far, far underground out of normal reach of the upper world.

Dungeon Content: Players could enter through the digestive system and need to traverse the body of the dungeon in order to escape. There could be a number of environmental hurdles to overcome in order to proceed such as resistance to acid/fire, the ability to breathe in certain areas, as well as the creatures that make the inside of the creature their home.

The appeal for this type of organic dungeon would add some variety to the standard stone dungeon layouts. I am interested to read any of your thoughts on this type of dungeon. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited September 2022
    The star wars vibe made me want to have something like a pet rancor in a chamber to toss enemies into for fun.
    Would be hilarious to have a trap door to do this in your home node or guild castle.

Cool idea, I like the idea of explorable locations that are alive, who can relocate and be elusive or blend in.
  • Options
    SerithisSerithis Member
    edited October 2022
    This sounds ripped off from the mystery flesh pit park on reddit. but overall, it's a cool idea for an MMO if they had a reason to build something like that into their lore. From another game where you get a close feel, is Jabu Jabu's Belly in Zelda