Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Necromancer class ideas

As i understand, Necromancer players will have a choice between "good or evil."
A good Necromancer could connect himself with a "spirit realm" and recieve help from the spirits who were once a part of the living world and met their untimely deaths due to corruption spreading across Verra. Those spirits could provide help in a form of:
-Faster mana regeneration (for certain period of time)
-Gaining control of nearby mobs to fight for you in a battle
-Random buff or purify debuffs when in combat (haste / faster casting / defense or attack boost, etc...)
-Resurrect (at random, depending on how low a players corruption "meter" is)
-Summoning a ghost copy of a corrupted player a "good necromancer" has killed last
-Summoning an Archangel (good Necromancers ultimate skill)

An evil Necromancer was for ever caught in limbo between life and death due to unfortunate event that occured during a Necromancers questchain. In order to escape this cruel faith, he made a deal with the Death. Death would spare him of his faith in exchange for souls he accumulates in his future path, making him for ever linked with the Death. Necromancer would also gain the abilities, such as:
-Summoning skeletons and/or spiders (tier 1 summoning)
-Summoning zombies and/or ghosts (tier 2 summoning)
-Random debuff when in combat (decay / slow /weaken the attack or defence / stun, etc...)
-Conjure a ghost shield, sacrificing souls to protect him / receive less damage
-Summoning spectral dragon (tank / tier 3 summoning)
-Summoning Death itself (DPS / evil Necromancers ultimate skill)

Necromancers could also use somekind of a "soulforce meter" (similar as mana), to use when summoning creatures. This soulforce meter would gradually fill while killing mobs while questing, or other players.

This idea may not be good but, to me it seems it should be fun, so i decided to share it :)
I would appreciate anyones honest opinion about it.

PS: I apologize for my broken english xD Not my native language.
x2i66qpsxhoo.png
Drinking refreshing snowflakes tears

Comments

• Options
    No.

As Necromancers are Summoners, every Summoner would need something similar to a Soulforce meter. This doesn't really work lore-wise if you are playing (for example) a Summoner/Fighter that calls in a Royal Guard (or whatever).

Also, as Necromancer is Summoner/Cleric I would assume you could build your Good or Evil Necro to Role Play, but it wouldnt make sense to have this be the only class that could not individually modify it's skills.
  • Options
    Deadfool wrote: »
    This idea may not be good but, to me it seems it should be fun, so i decided to share it :)
    I would appreciate anyones honest opinion about it.

It's fun, thanks for sharing it :smile:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    I feel like the necromancer would be a good healer , but not the best healer as they could have moves to bring player charters back to life and maybe have area effect moves that heal allies in an area while hurting enemies ,something like the spell Wither and Bloom in d&d, i my self will play a necromancer doing damage from a distance so I also hope their will be a couple ways to slow down enemies coming towards me.