Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan idea

DeadfoolDeadfool Member
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
Caravans could have the option of using them as a "trojan horse" (a decoy) with several OP players hiding inside of it. So when and if the caravan would get destroyed, those players would pop out starting a massive PVP battle with players that came and attacked the caravan.
I can just imagine the shock players would go trough realising that they attacked the wrong caravan xD

This idea could already be thrown around somewhere in the forums, i just haven't seen it yet and it seems like a cool and fun idea. If someone already did post something similar, i apologize. I didn't want to steal the idea. <3

Moderator note: Moved to General Discussion.
x2i66qpsxhoo.png
Drinking refreshing snowflakes tears

Comments

• Options
    My opinion is that it is important for the attackers to know how valuable the caravan is, before they attack it.
    That would spare the poor players and also the time of the attackers who would like to move and hunt for the big fish.
    Even so, some defenders could hold the battle in balance, to keep the attackers busy and favor other caravans in the area.

I wonder if attackers can disengage from the caravan battle if a spy warns them about another important caravan.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    My opinion is that it is important for the attackers to know how valuable the caravan is, before they attack it.
    That would spare the poor players and also the time of the attackers who would like to move and hunt for the big fish.
    Even so, some defenders could hold the battle in balance, to keep the attackers busy and favor other caravans in the area.

I wonder if attackers can disengage from the caravan battle if a spy warns them about another important caravan.

Good point, but as i understood, the caravans rides could be shared with other players who would also like to send a few goodies somewhere. Im not 100% sure if i understood the caravan system correctly tho.
    x2i66qpsxhoo.png
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I guess I really don't like the idea of people knowing what is in a caravan, outside of what they can learn from the social side of the game. In other words, you should not be given a financial figure or inventory before deciding if you wish to attack or defend, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Abarat wrote: »
    I guess I really don't like the idea of people knowing what is in a caravan, outside of what they can learn from the social side of the game. In other words, you should not be given a financial figure or inventory before deciding if you wish to attack or defend, in my opinion.

That was exactly my thinking. If you wish to attack the caravan, you are accepting the risk of getting bad loot, or in case of what i said in the original statement, you as the attacker could find yourself surrounded by oponents who were hiding in a caravan you just destroyed.
    I also like the idea of not knowing what is inside the caravan.
    x2i66qpsxhoo.png