Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Legendary events = Legendary body modifications?

Just an idea I wanted to voice and see peoples thoughts on.

If certain legendary events when completed by the player gave the player an optional scar or other body cosmetic that can be applied to ones character.

For example if you defeat a boss with a mechanic that steals your vision during the raid then after completion the players could receive the ability to remove 1 eye, or even just make 1 eye a golden cloudy color.

Ideas like this to showcase completion of certain extremely rare events that are separate from the legendary gear.

Another I'd imagine added later during an expansion but if facing a wraith style boss then upon completion the raid team would have a separate animation granted, when they receive an item they don't reach out with their hand to take it but instead a spectral arm comes out to grab the item. The item being like a beer at a tavern etc.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I'd love this, though I'm not sure how visible this would be in game.
  • Options
    I think would be pretty awesome 😎
  • Options
    The Elder Scrolls Online has unique cosmetics associated with clearing the game's toughest content. Unique skins, accessories, and item cosmetics that one can use to show off their clears like trophies to those around them. I think it's a good idea, personally. Maybe killing particular bosses unlocks new tattoos one can put on as "proof" of their kill, like a more permanent version of a legendary item.
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited October 2022
    Agreed greg, depending on the viability but i imagine another really cool idea could be upon killing a legendary dragon (Maybe 1 that is designed to be the highest difficulty dragon in the game) then when killing an enemy in PvP, upon casting the final blow your character has an animation similar to that of League of Legends elder dragon finishers animation. Basically a quick flash of wings and sound bit.

https://youtu.be/_HQFjF_UZ0U
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    I like the idea of event/dungeon related cosmetics. They are popular in other games as well and don't cause issues.
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NiKr wrote: »
    I'd love this, though I'm not sure how visible this would be in game.

Not so hard.

You would have your base stuff
    then the "skin" stuff, in specific tab or skins applied on the "base" stuff (transmog in wow)
    And a tab dedicated to chose those aesthetic features, they need to have one slot for each eye, for each hand, etc etc. and you "equip" those scars"

This is how i would see it.

I wouldnt use it, but good base idea !
  • Options
    Aerlana wrote: »
    Not so hard.

You would have your base stuff
    then the "skin" stuff, in specific tab or skins applied on the "base" stuff (transmog in wow)
    And a tab dedicated to chose those aesthetic features, they need to have one slot for each eye, for each hand, etc etc. and you "equip" those scars"

This is how i would see it.

I wouldnt use it, but good base idea !
    Nah, I meant, like, literally visible. Unless you put the camera right into your character's face - ya ain't seeing shit. And any body tattoos/scars/etc will be covered by clothes.
  • Options
    Well, scars/tattoos would be difficult to see day to day, but I know id enjoy knowing its there even if its not really seen, plus adding in a unique animation could be another option.
  • Options
    Some freeholds could have saunas where people could see each-other's private... tattoos.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 2023
    This is one of the best ideas in the entire forum and I'm not even joking!

Example would be having special tatoos, body modifications (scars, tribal stuff, etc) that can only be gained in specific quests/events.

If a certain dragon boss claws you, then you would have a chance of getting a legendary scar... this is absolutely fantastic!
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited March 2023
    Id rather have all customization at the start than having half of it gated as things you need to unlock. And if more is added later add it on the cash shop so they can make some money.
  • Options
    I really like this idea. Its a must have. I've always thought that having your character frozen in time after creation is really boring and counter immersive. No aging, no scars. Thats something which really impressed me back as a kid when i was playing Fable TLC. You got blue willpower markings if you specced as a mage. You got bigger if you specced as a warrior. You got fatter if you ate too much. You became an old wrinkly man with white hair. You also got scars from certain storyline quests. This was awesome
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Id rather have all customization at the start than having half of it gated as things you need to unlock. And if more is added later add it on the cash shop so they can make some money.

You don't want any achievable only cosmetics?
  • Options
    Voxtrium wrote: »

If certain legendary events when completed by the player gave the player an optional scar or other body cosmetic that can be applied to ones character.

For example if you defeat a boss with a mechanic that steals your vision during the raid then after completion the players could receive the ability to remove 1 eye, or even just make 1 eye a golden cloudy color.

Ideas like this to showcase completion of certain extremely rare events that are separate from the legendary gear.

Another I'd imagine added later during an expansion but if facing a wraith style boss then upon completion the raid team would have a separate animation granted, when they receive an item they don't reach out with their hand to take it but instead a spectral arm comes out to grab the item. The item being like a beer at a tavern etc.

Thoughts?

Honestly this is a great idea. I'm planning on playing a Vaelune so having different types of essences as purely cosmetic would be awesome. Or even branchler types for Py'rai. Scars and tattoos would be super cool too. I think this could be a super fun reason to go out and run some events or kill some bosses.
  • Options
    I agree.
    I think it is important as an immersion aspect of the game. Granted it won't make IS tons of money like a cosmetic in store will. However the money they make from players sticking around longer will more than cover it up. The overall experience that things like this create is what makes players stick around and make money long term.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Voxtrium wrote: »

Thoughts?

I've been a fan of this type of stuff.

Especially in PvP. The top guys shouldn't be pretty, they should be wartorn with special cosmetics only achievable in game.