Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Ender Chest in AoC?

LittleLightzLittleLightz Member
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
I had an idea, for thoughs who are casual players in AoC.
You know that AoC is a game that constantly changes in game even if you aren't playing.
And you know that you could loose your stuff when you are like have irl things..
Why not have a chest or place to put your stuff, so then when you get back, and your stuff is all gone, raided, destroyed. Stolen, etc. You can just go to the chest, or bag of holding. And get the items you hold of value in your chest and necessary items to start over, making it a lot easier so that you don't have to go about and gather the basics all over again, and build your way up again.
Also, you can access this chest bag of holding anywhere in the world. But can only hold a certain number of basic materials and valuables to help you get started again
Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Freehold stuff gets mailed to you if you are off doing real world stuff and lose a siege.

The anywhere access thing is a big no. No matter the limits put on it. The world and location should matter and be important.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm a fan of ender chests, but I think that they would break the vision of Ashes regarding risk vs. reward and actions having consequences.

You will never lose your gold, so really all you need to do is to never put all your wealth into items that can be lost during a Node Siege. And if you're rich you'll probably be able to use alts in different accounts as banks, which is a bit annoying but still better than any other MMORPG out there right now.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you never lose your gold, does that suggest that the market overall will lean towards currency holding and not item?
  • Options
    akabear wrote: »
    If you never lose your gold, does that suggest that the market overall will lean towards currency holding and not item?

That could be a thing, surely. However, that could also mean that items will hold more value because less people might want to take the risk of having lots of supplies that can be lost in a Node Siege. At the end of the day, I don't think people will play this game too differently from other games just because of that.

Regarding "never losing gold", I could be wrong and you might lose the gold stored in your bank storage, but why even put your gold there in the first place? Apart from maybe doing it if the bank has a PIN to prevent losing everything if you get hacked. But then they could just add a (optional) PIN for the first transaction you make every time you login, solving that issue.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶