Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Long Bow - Q "Hold" Charge-up

Hello all,

After today's live stream for the Ranger abilities and bow-based combat, I had a question (or suggestion) for the action of holding "Q" attack key for the charged up shot:

Does it only increase the damage of the shot (as you hold it), or could it deal increased damage & have an increased critical strike chance or other effects?

I like the idea of differentiating Long Bow from Short Bow combat (and likely even more so from Crossbows), and perhaps it could be tied to the skill tree, but the basic attacks from the Long Bow should feel more weighted with the charged up "Q" (perhaps an untalented "Q" full hold would deal up to +200% damage, taking 2 seconds to achieve "full charge").
- (Talent) Strong Bow: Long Bow full charge increases damage by +150% damage per second, up to 300% damage.
- (Talent) Steady Hand: Long Bow charge increases critical strike chance by 20% per second, up to +40%
- (Talent) Sharp Shooter: Long Bow charged critical damage is increased by +50% per second, up to +100%.
- (Talent) Controlled Breathing: Long Bow full charge can "overcharge" for an additional second, increasing damage and any other charge-based bonuses accordingly. (So Strong Bow would be +450% damage and Steady Hand would be +40% critical chance and Sharp Shooter would be +150% critical damage).

I feel that expanding upon the basic attack in this manner really helps to customize a play style and make good use of the type of weapon you are using. Today's game play footage was fantastic and it really has me pumped to play a Scout or Predator class. :)

Keep up the awesome work!