Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alright, What's everyone's favorite race?

WoofWoofGooseWoofWoofGoose Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
[poll]
- Aela Humans
- Dünzenkell Dwarves
- Kaivek Orcs
- Pyrian Elves
- Tulnar
[/poll]

Bob: “Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.”
Peter: “I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob.”
—Bob (Paul Wilson) and Peter (Ron Livingston), Office Space

Comments

• Options
    The Vek is currently my favorite one.
    But my favorite race can change in future updates tho :)
    x2i66qpsxhoo.png
    Drinking refreshing snowflakes tears
  • Options
    Number 2.
  • Options
    Whichever can craft better.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    SerithisSerithis Member
    edited October 2022
    Vaelune, and Vek are the only ones that culturally interest me so will definitely have an alt from one of their side. Naturally I'll be leaning into maining an Elf Empyrean, even though I find the whole "Roman theme" to be super mundane.. also not a huge fan of military centric cultural themes. so Empyrean it is, as there lacks a Dark Elf alternative.. but aesthetically Tolnir look the coolest to me right now.

Don't like how they're going a Sylvari route with the Pyrai. Looks too much like a tree mixed with a Tiefling. So yeah. if this is all they have, then not too impressed, but I'll live
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    My favorite race is the Isle of Man TT.
  • Options
    Vek for their goblin/troll appearance, their Mesoamerican influence and the "celestial" side
  • Options
    eruiluvatareruiluvatar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I usually prefer elves, though of the concepts they have shown so far I can't really say I love either race variant.
    If pressed I'd go Pyrai. I REALLY hope that the character creator will leave us enough customisation range to move far away from the concept art.

Other than that only humans are left for me, that would be a bit boring though.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    The freehold limitations (understandable as they are) essentially forcing you to pick a main character really make choosing a race for your main toon difficult, since I assume I'll be spending on the vast majority of my playtime on that one. I still don't know for sure what I'll pick for mine, but I'm leaning Vek or Py'rai. Most likely Py'rai.
  • Options
    I need to hear and read the lore for all them to decide, its too early. But not orcs or monsters.
  • Options
    Sengarden wrote: »
    The freehold limitations (understandable as they are) essentially forcing you to pick a main character really make choosing a race for your main toon difficult, since I assume I'll be spending on the vast majority of my playtime on that one. I still don't know for sure what I'll pick for mine, but I'm leaning Vek or Py'rai. Most likely Py'rai.
    My current assumption here is that all of your characters will be able to use the freehold amenities.
  • Options
    I'm split between the Tulnar (love their lore and what I've seen of them) and the Nikua Dwarves (love how their culture is designed)
  • Options
    GandalfthegrapeGandalfthegrape Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ents, minotaur, booba in that order.
  • Options
    Kreinster wrote: »
    My current assumption here is that all of your characters will be able to use the freehold amenities.

Oh, I haven't read that anywhere yet, but I imagine that could be quite nice. Could also potentially help level alts in some ways? Giving them a place to practice professions with building perks before they have the money for a home. But this would require freeholds to offer many building spaces, more than would be required for any one character's profession practices. Not sure what sort of size/scope they're shooting for with that stuff. It's definitely a system I'm hoping to see/hear more on soon.