Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Ranged Classes] Tab Targeting - THANK YOU DEVS

LullabaeLullabae Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Hey devs,

If you read this, I just want to tell you THANK YOU for keeping the tab-targeting system on ranged-class.

We were actually a very large number of people worried about this because we did not want an aimed action combat system for ranged classes.

So REALLY thank you for keeping it a tab-targeting system.

And you were even sweet for those aimed-combat fanatics people and made it a “soft-lock” targeting system instead of a classic “hard-lock” targeting system.

Everything explained here for those who haven’t watched the video fully yet :

https://youtu.be/0257a-goFwE&t=1020s

Explaination starts at : 17mins.

Please devs, for the love of the tab-targeting style people, we are begging you,

Do not ever listen to those aimed-action-combat fanatics people who try to influence the ranged combat system to fit their playing style : aimed action-combat system.

Once again, THANK YOU.

Comments

• Options
    I agree to this, thank you devs for keeping it a classic tab-targeting system.

It looks really cool on video, well-done.
  • Options
    As opposed to the other 2 comments, I'd like to thank devs for keeping with their vision of hybrid combat :)
  • Options
    QuintusQuintus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tab targeting feels mindless to me. I think it should stay where it is in theme park mmos. I'm mainly an mmo or survival game player who sometimes delves into shooters. That being said, improving my aim in pvp and getting kills I wouldn't have gotten before gives me a huge sense of personal achievement. In PvE, practicing my aim on mobs as I move through the world keeps me alert and engaged.
  • Options
    LullabaeLullabae Member
    edited October 2022
    And for me it is the opposite,

I strongly dislike action based mmo, if I wanna play an fps, I can switch to Valorant or Fortnite.

And we are many to disagree with you, but it’s your option, I respect that.

You should really listen to their explanation of :

- Soft targeting VS Hard targeting in the video above

Timer starts at 17mins.

They really did a great job imo.
  • Options
    Could've just left your feedback in the megathread.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif