Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Antialiasing

I cannot stress how important this topic is. Taking for example New World and other new MMOs not including in-game Antialiasing options making the game unplayable. My question is! Will we have all of the different Antialiasing options available to us? That includes (TAA,FXAA. MSAA, DLSS)

Comments

• Options
    That was yer issue with New World? hahaha
    Really though what resolution do you play at? Cuz in all honesty New World is a pretty game. It's just got loads of other issues.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    DLSS is a Must. It's also easy to implement so I'm sure they will.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    NO. This adds to the gameplay, making your positioning important, if you stand somewhere with a bargain GPU shinning on your eyes you should have a hard time seeing. I hope they Don't allow it to be switched off otherwise it will be the "meta" - same for not being able to reduce foliage in settings.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    pyreal wrote: »
    NO. This adds to the gameplay, making your positioning important, if you stand somewhere with a bargain GPU shinning on your eyes you should have a hard time seeing. I hope they Don't allow it to be switched off otherwise it will be the "meta" - same for not being able to reduce foliage in settings.

@pyreal are you fucking stupid? go see a doctor and stop cross posting shit that has nothing to do with eachother
    img]
  • Options
    Please just don't make it a blurry mess at 1080p. It shouldn't blur when you're standing. It shouldn't blur when you're moving. It shouldn't blur under any circumstances. MSAA, while using up more GPU resources, is good for that.
  • Options

:D:D:D:D:D Good one! Actually made me ROFL.
  • Options
    It's almost crazy to see people who actually want the game to allow for less visual/image settings customization because, if they do, there'll be a "meta".

Yikes.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Liniker wrote: »

@pyreal are you fucking stupid? go see a doctor and stop cross posting shit that has nothing to do with eachother

Are you mad, 'bruh'?
  • Options
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    It's almost crazy to see people who actually want the game to allow for less visual/image settings customization because, if they do, there'll be a "meta".
    Yikes.

maybe you should tell that to Steven - because he is the one who said they won't allow reducing settings such as foliage so that playing on low settings won't be the meta

duh
    img]
  • Options
    prymortalprymortal Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Playing at 4K you don't really need those.
    Liniker wrote: »
    DLSS is a Must. It's also easy to implement so I'm sure they will.

Correct! Even easier now that when you drag & drop DLSS 3.0 into UE5 you also get DLSS 2.0 for older GPU's. And thankfully not under NDA the extra AI frame from DLSS 3.0 with the new GPU's while not a perfect frame does make the flow of animations seem so much smoother which helps on higher resolutions.
  • Options
    People's ignorance is beyond me. Hey, chatters. Or should I say clever people of the internet who think they know everything but in reality know nothing.

1) New world looks amazing?

Sure it does but I wouldn't know because my screen is filled with shimmering textures because of bad aliasing. It's a real thing. WOW right? Not every graphics card renders pixels the same way. Not every monitor displays pixels the same. FXAA for example to most people will add just enough blurriness to the overall image to make it look perfect. To others, FXAA makes the game a blurry mess. For example, on my ASUS 240hz g-sync monitor using a 2080 TI Strix graphics card, the game looks TOO SHARM, creating aliasing artifacts. Using TAA solves my issue. It targets the pixels individually instead of the overall image like FXAA.

2) This adds to the gameplay, making your positioning important.

This has to be a troll.

3) Reduced Foliage

Hmm. That has nothing to do with how I want the pixels to be rendered on my setup.

4) Antialiasing will give you an advantage.

No. Just...NO. Don't confuse fog of war, motion blur, render distance, depth of field and all other unrelated settings. We are talking about how the pixels are rendered. What method we can use to remove artifacts that are not meant to be there. Just that.

Conclusion:

Sometimes is better to step back and let people who actually understand the topic to open the discussion. New world uses FXAA by default to all users if I am correct. That works for most people. It doesn't work for me. Is TOO SHARP. It's like maxing out sharpening on my monitor with no way to reduce it. Try and play like that. YOU CAN'T. TRUST ME.

TO MOST PEOPLE WITH LOWER SPEC PC THE GAME WILL LOOK PERFECT. TO THOSE WHO HAVE ACTUAL HIGH-END PCs WILL STRUGGLE TO PLAY. AND YES, IF YOU DON'T HAVE 240HZ MONITOR YOU WOULDN'T KNOW HOW DIFFERENT THE GAME LOOKS. SAME WAY THAT I WOULDN'T KNOW HOW IT LOOKS PLAYING ON A 4K MONITOR.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    ICOnlyBlue wrote: »
    People's ignorance is beyond me. Hey, chatters. Or should I say clever people of the internet who think they know everything but in reality know nothing.

1) New world looks amazing?

Sure it does but I wouldn't know because my screen is filled with shimmering textures because of bad aliasing. It's a real thing. WOW right? Not every graphics card renders pixels the same way. Not every monitor displays pixels the same. FXAA for example to most people will add just enough blurriness to the overall image to make it look perfect. To others, FXAA makes the game a blurry mess. For example, on my ASUS 240hz g-sync monitor using a 2080 TI Strix graphics card, the game looks TOO SHARM, creating aliasing artifacts. Using TAA solves my issue. It targets the pixels individually instead of the overall image like FXAA.

2) This adds to the gameplay, making your positioning important.

This has to be a troll.

3) Reduced Foliage

Hmm. That has nothing to do with how I want the pixels to be rendered on my setup.

4) Antialiasing will give you an advantage.

No. Just...NO. Don't confuse fog of war, motion blur, render distance, depth of field and all other unrelated settings. We are talking about how the pixels are rendered. What method we can use to remove artifacts that are not meant to be there. Just that.

Conclusion:

Sometimes is better to step back and let people who actually understand the topic to open the discussion. New world uses FXAA by default to all users if I am correct. That works for most people. It doesn't work for me. Is TOO SHARP. It's like maxing out sharpening on my monitor with no way to reduce it. Try and play like that. YOU CAN'T. TRUST ME.

TO MOST PEOPLE WITH LOWER SPEC PC THE GAME WILL LOOK PERFECT. TO THOSE WHO HAVE ACTUAL HIGH-END PCs WILL STRUGGLE TO PLAY. AND YES, IF YOU DON'T HAVE 240HZ MONITOR YOU WOULDN'T KNOW HOW DIFFERENT THE GAME LOOKS. SAME WAY THAT I WOULDN'T KNOW HOW IT LOOKS PLAYING ON A 4K MONITOR.

That guy was just trolling, he made a meme comment based on something from another post, chill
    img]
  • Options
    ICOnlyBlue wrote: »
    I cannot stress how important this topic is. Taking for example New World and other new MMOs not including in-game Antialiasing options making the game unplayable. My question is! Will we have all of the different Antialiasing options available to us? That includes (TAA,FXAA. MSAA, DLSS)

Strange because I like nothing in New World except the graphics...