Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will pets and mounts be accessible only from taming and animal husbandry?

As the title says, I'm a huge pet guy. In every game I play I just have a fascination with collecting and breeding pets and mounts when possible, but also was wondering if boss drops, certain events, or sometimes quest will also be a way of obtaining certain pets or mounts?

Comments

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2022
    Your starter mount is obtained via a quest early on in ashes.

Non combat Pets are completely cosmetic and I assume will be a mix of rewards and cosmetic shop purchases.

Royal (flying) mounts will have world drops for sure but they'll be time limited
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Natasha wrote: »

Non combat Pets are completely cosmetic and I assume will be a mix of rewards and cosmetic shop purchases.

Appreciate the answer, yeah I am big with non combat pets. Only reason I ever got into WoW was because a buddy told me it had pet battles, and collection. Always enjoyed beating a raid boss and being able to have the chance to get a rare pet drop.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Folktale wrote: »

Appreciate the answer, yeah I am big with non combat pets. Only reason I ever got into WoW was because a buddy told me it had pet battles, and collection. Always enjoyed beating a raid boss and being able to have the chance to get a rare pet drop.

You'll be able to go out and find your own combat pal here too.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Combat_pets
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options

Sadly don't see any confirmation there on whether or not they might be boss drops of some kind. Even if they aren't still love the taming and animal husbandry system. Its what I have always wanted in an MMO, more indepth than BDO
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited October 2022

Sadly don't see any confirmation there on whether or not they might be boss drops of some kind. Even if they aren't still love the taming and animal husbandry system. Its what I have always wanted in an MMO, more indepth than BDO

If anything is dropped from a boss or mob or something other than questing it will most likely be a baby or egg that requires someone with animal husbandry to raise before you can use it for whatever purpose its used for.

I say this using the quote below from the wiki/steven
    Royal mounts (such as Dragons) are dropped as eggs that can be cultivated by Animal husbandry artisans with a high enough stable upgrade on their freehold.[43]
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    They are most likely to funnel a lot of the pets stuff through husbandry. It would make the most sense if you could find base pets or eggs out in the wild with low stats and plain looks. You would then need a husband to make it strong or fast (or what have you), and/or give it a unique look.