Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

*SOMEONE* mentioned an ability named 'Shield Bash' in the Update. Stokin' some flames, Boss....

This same person has specifically told us in previous videos that "shields are not weapons." HOWEVER, this is from the Wiki, today:
"Shields are a type of weapon in Ashes of Creation."

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Shields

There's a WHOLE super-thread on why no dual-shields (yours truly /Support's dual shields!) - but why not something akin to spiked dueling shields? Maybe even just as a cosmetic weapon that covers a two-handed sword/greatsword?

gvpb19tc93e31.png

It'd play into a fantasy genre of specialty/novelty weapon, and would create a market for a new type of item to obtain in-game or via cosmetics. There's a whole realm of different shapes and coloring/sub-features that could go along with them that we could seek out, while collecting different weapon types/weapon covers for our toons' arsenals.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think most of the people from the old thread are afk or mia. I haven't seen a lot of older faces for a while.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Probably depends on how you define "weapon".
    Shield Bash requiring a Shield has always been a thing.
    That doesn't mean you can equip or use a Shield as a primary weapon.
  • Options
    I can clock you in the head with the pommel of a sword, doesn’t mean I want to be dual wielding bladeless sword pommels.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    CROW3 wrote: »
    I can clock you in the head with the pommel of a sword, doesn’t mean I want to be dual wielding bladeless sword pommels.

What you gotta do is just enlarge that pommel a bit and put some spikes on it. Good ol' fashioned dual-wielding, bladeless sword pommel maces.
  • Options
    This same person has specifically told us in previous videos that "shields are not weapons." HOWEVER, this is from the Wiki, today:
    "Shields are a type of weapon in Ashes of Creation."

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Shields

There's a WHOLE super-thread on why no dual-shields (yours truly /Support's dual shields!) - but why not something akin to spiked dueling shields? Maybe even just as a cosmetic weapon that covers a two-handed sword/greatsword?

gvpb19tc93e31.png

It'd play into a fantasy genre of specialty/novelty weapon, and would create a market for a new type of item to obtain in-game or via cosmetics. There's a whole realm of different shapes and coloring/sub-features that could go along with them that we could seek out, while collecting different weapon types/weapon covers for our toons' arsenals.

2h shields *OOHHH* 2h Shields *RAAHHH*
    BriefHeartyBovine-max-1mb.gif

5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CROW3 wrote: »

:open_mouth:

that's why nunchucks have the CHAIN!
    I wish I were deep and tragic