Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will There Be Cosmetic Hairs For Sell

RwbyRaveRwbyRave Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Will there be hair cosmetics for sell?

For ex: maplestory (and other games) have TONS of hairs. Some crazy wth? And some that are just popular.
The idea is that if you're to keep people's interest, cosmetic items (preferably not loot boxes) have a high "WOW" cause now your character is "beautiful" in your own eyes and "strong" based on where they're at in the game.

If I wanna cosmetically dress up as a hero then I want to do so, if I wanna look like a villain, then so be it.
Hold contests that give the players a plushy prize, or a gift card, or the option to redeem the "prize" as in game paid currency.
-Best Boy

Comments

• Options
    The idea is to add flavor, not over bearing.

Something that fits the game but makes you feel like, huh that looks good, I'd like to add it to my options of hairstyle for the day. 🤔

Or make it so once u get the hair only certain barbers know how to cut that hair, thus making It more marketable as a place?
    -Best Boy
  • Options
    Something that let's u make your character good looking by your own means. Or by large public view.

An idea to make it easier for the DEVs is "here's some of the tools we use. Feel free to make a hair and we'll consider the 1st 50 entries"

"Every 1 entry (max of 5) that you enter and it wins, will net you 100-500 EM."
    The winner determined by #of likes. Will be getting 1k (?) EM.

Restrictions: only valid subscription players can vote?
    Players who's forum accounts are xx weeks old?
    -Best Boy
  • Options
    Why? It's hair, you should be able to style it as you please, when you please.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want a lot of hair styles but I want all of the hair styles to be in the base game. I'd rather not have hairstyles behind a pay wall.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well. We know there will be cosmetic Hares for sale at least...
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    JustVine wrote: »
    Well. We know there will be cosmetic Hares for sale at least...

Lol rabbit season.
    -Best Boy
  • Options
    Merek wrote: »
    Why? It's hair, you should be able to style it as you please, when you please.

Different ideas so as to make it a possible community event
    -Best Boy
  • Options
    ArrowheadeArrowheade Member, Settler, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    :)
  • Options
    I hope not; it should all be in-game obtainable.

• Options
    Wigs. We should be able to buy wigs.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Neurath wrote: »
    I want a lot of hair styles but I want all of the hair styles to be in the base game. I'd rather not have hairstyles behind a pay wall.

There were some hairstyles that will be exclusive to those who earned them from the APOC battle pass. Along with mount skins, armor skins, weapons skins and emotes.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Maybe we let players earn specific hairstyles by scalping pvp kills? That’s cosmetics and gameplay. Hours of entertainment…
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Maybe we let players earn specific hairstyles by scalping pvp kills? That’s cosmetics and gameplay. Hours of entertainment…

Ew.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    CROW3 wrote: »

Why yes this is a Niküan/Tulnar weave blend, 117 scalps went into making it ... *tavern patron backs away slowly*
  • Options
    Cat QuiverCat Quiver Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    RwbyRave wrote: »
    Or make it so once u get the hair only certain barbers know how to cut that hair, thus making It more marketable as a place?
    Race specific hairstyles available to all races but being locked into a city/area of said race's culture would be a neat touch.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    yea I hope not but... there were exclusive hairstyles as cosmetics in Apoc so... it is likely, unfortunately
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Natasha wrote: »
    Neurath wrote: »

There were some hairstyles that will be exclusive to those who earned them from the APOC battle pass. Along with mount skins, armor skins, weapons skins and emotes.

Those weren't behind a pay wall to my knowledge...
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Percimes wrote: »
    Wigs. We should be able to buy wigs.

totally love me some wing cosmetics.
    larger than life (rare legendary?)
    Wings that are wide, but snug to the character model
    baby wings to aid in a cosplay theme you're creating

idea: make it so if you get a "winged mount" have the option to have a "slow fall" off terrain or mountains. it's a toggle on and toggle off? :flushed:
    -Best Boy
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    yea I hope not but... there were exclusive hairstyles as cosmetics in Apoc so... it is likely, unfortunately

enlighten me on your thoughts against cosmetic hairs in shop?
    They don't have to be expensive. If they are we can ask for 20% discounts, or make your own unique hair events so that you can use the hair you made, and can get it for free for being unique.
    -Best Boy
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Highly doubt all future hairstyles will be obtainable in-game. I think there will be a set of hairstyles available in character creation and new ones being added to character creation once they release expansions. But monthly cosmetics will most likely be behind a paywall and i do not mind that at all. As long as the company is not relying on cosmetic purchases and they come with an affordable price tag. Let Intrepid milk the whales out there!
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif