Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cloud Gaming

GeforceNowerGeforceNower Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
I really hope you will consider making your beautiful game available to GeForce Now. It is a really good and solid service which will make the game available to a broader audience. And I believe it has been made very easy to implement for game devs.

Comments

• Options
    I think they'll need to bring AoC to Steam first - That's probably the deciding factor.
  • Options
    StreviStrevi Member
    edited October 2022
    Quox wrote: »
    I think they'll need to bring AoC to Steam first - That's probably the deciding factor.
    Why would they launch it on Steam? I don't think is a good idea.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They won't be launching on Steam, and I highly doubt they will entertain any sort of cloud gaming after the Stadia fiasco where Google just screwed tons of small, medium, indie and triple A developers by pulling the plug on their cloud gaming in under a year. Plenty of videos out there if you have no idea what I am talking about. There is no upside to Intrepid putting their title on GeForce Now and plenty on the downside. As to Steam, they tried that with APOC, and after that shitshow made sure to let everyone know that mmo would not be on Steam, as they have said numerous times since company inception.
    jqifr48puabj.png

south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    There is the obvious upside, that people playing on Geforce Now has to buy the game like everyone else. I dont really see the downside to this. Geforce Now and Stadia are not the same case. Cloud gaming is the future - big, noisy and expensive gamer pc's and consoles are not. I'm just saying.....
  • Options
    I don't think the initial focus should be to getting the game to work on a mobile platform. There are mobile MMOs like the new Lineage thing.

I think we can all agree that we don't want a PTW cash shop. When you start adding your game to delivery platforms like Steam you are going to pay the massive Steam tax (30%+). When the revenue stream gets interrupted cash shops start becoming more of a focal point.
  • Options
    saraglober wrote: »
    Hello, GeforceNower !I think they will do it in the future, as was said previously on this topic.

Got a link?