Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Why are you excited about this game? Are you?

I'm genuinely curious as to what brings you all here, plus i want to at least create some positive discussion amidst all the people criticizing a game that hasn't come out yet on the same points. I don't want this thread to be people tearing other peoples opinions apart, so please, try to keep the trash talking to a minimum. Even if the persons excitement seems unfounded to you, please try not to argue with them. Can't force you, but I'm just gonna leave that there.
I'm currently excited about the stories of a server. I never played eve online because space combat is not my style, but I love the idea of creating server wide stories within the game.
I also like the idea that I can be a part of shaping that story, and helping people with making an impact on the world.
Anybody else?

Comments

• Options
    Hamsammach wrote: »
    I'm currently excited about the stories of a server. I never played eve online because space combat is not my style, but I love the idea of creating server wide stories within the game.
    I also like the idea that I can be a part of shaping that story, and helping people with making an impact on the world.
    Anybody else?

So you find it fascinating that some servers will evolve differently from each-other?
    I care very little about that. I don't understand why a player should care what happens on another server.
    Developers might be but why players?

Anyway, what attracts me is
    - the node citizenship
    - the lack of teleportation on a big map (I hope the family one is removed too)
    - the lack of central auction market, making the buying and selling broken to regional areas, where you can sell because you are closer to the player than the one on the other side of the map
    - commitment to an artisanship which takes time to reach mastery, making it less attractive to those who spend much time fighting. Basically what I want to see is that some produce the items and others consume them in fight (ships, siege equipment...) and players have no time to do both.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Veteran from ESO here with over 9,000 hours of gameplay.

Why I'm here: MMO companies like Zenimax have made me feel like an abused and neglected puppy. I just want a warm and cozy home to live in with hoomans who love me lol.

I really just want an MMO where I can escape reality after a long day at work with everything from rich races, beautiful landscapes with lots of detail, and amazing quest-lines and missions that'll keep me busy and entertained. Oh and fun PvP combat. We have already seen we are getting most of that so far with Ashes.

I also have a huge love for Intrepid as a company. They are very transparent with their development and keeps us updated every single month. They are also a very diverse company who hire diverse. For some people this may sound whatever, but it is important. Zenimax for example are all cis white people, hence why they allow an insane amount of racism/homophobia in game because they don't have employees who can relate and call it out internally.

Another thing about Intrepid is that they want to create a game for us to enjoy, not just what will put money in their pocket.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Its a second world I can sink my time into without feeling like a sucker with all the pay 2 win skips I can't afford. I like the way the combat looks and I'm excited for the PvX dungeons.
  • Options
    i like the enormous character creator. i could spend hours and hours designing my character and bring its "story" alive.

also the various healing classes are interesting for me. i used to play healer since GW1 (about 18 years ago?!) in different games, or hybrid healing classes in games without the trinity. the idea of a modification ot the cleric (and maybe other classes) seems pretty cool for me, maybe you can use protection skills or buffs and debuffs or even crowd control to prevent dmg instead of just healing lives up.
    im so happy, there is a variant for healers (no matter which way) as for DDs in other games - sorc, ranger, assassin, warrior... so many DDs you can pick but healer is just healer.

at least it seems to me, that you improve of GRP play in this game. for example the pvp system they invented makes it easier to walk with a GRP than alone. also the crafting seems not to be done all alone, but using your mates skills to craft some items for you.

maybe im wrong with some thoughts. i hope i can figure that out as soon as possible ingame ;)
  • Options
    large scale siege events...
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    1) Made by a person whom enjoys a quality MMO and won't rush it

2) No P2W, no P2C

3) Unique game-mechanics
  • Options
    A gorgeous world (UE5) in which you can have an actual impact on the structure of it (Node system) and can band together with other people to further impact it (Sieges, Node Wars, Castles, Raids and Dungeons).

Plus the customization of build to fit what and how you wanna play (augments/classes) without it becoming excessively complex like in ESO.

The stories and legendary moment that will be born from the player actions, which will be entirely different from the other servers, and the videos that will be born from it.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1. Social focus (sick of being instanced in every other mmo)
    2. Rich world to explore.
    3. Angel
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Definitely not excited at all >:)
  • Options
    1) Exploration is meaningful
    2) Node development
    3) Ranger direction is already better than most mmos in the last 15+ years
    4) Boats!
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    So you find it fascinating that some servers will evolve differently from each-other?
    I care very little about that. I don't understand why a player should care what happens on another server.
    Developers might be but why players?

Some people enjoy the big-picture aspects of things. You are clearly not one of those people...
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ashes would be a combination of my two favorite games right now if it was implemented well.

Meaningful builds, progression, 'fantasy RPG' from the Final Fantasy 11 side (also economy, when the game was more alive)
    Community, 'Nodes', 'connection to an area and investment', 'PvP potential with some balance' and 'good political interactions' from the Elite Dangerous side (also Trade economy, though not in a way that affects 'characters').

I don't expect most games to be so ambitious as to combine those things, but it obviously sounds like a good idea to me if they try.

If it somehow manages to get even close to the standards of experience I'm used to from those games at the same time, I'll be very excited.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1- Steven Sharif
    2- Meaningful Guild content
    3- Risk vs Reward
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    RamirezRamirez Member
    edited October 2022
    Meaningful Open world pvp
  • Options
    e peen dominance, murderfest and antisocial behavior i cant partake in irl
  • Options
    seems fun
  • Options
    Seems fun, like the design so far, like the style.
  • Options
    Cat QuiverCat Quiver Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Strevi wrote: »
    - the node citizenship
    So you it find it fascinating to pay taxes in a video game? I care very little about that. I don't understand why a player would want to do the same thing they do in real life.
    Politicians might be but why everyone else?
  • Options
    NO P2W! NO P2W! NO P2W! NO P2W! NO P2W! NO P2W! NO P2W! NO P2W! NO P2W! NO P2W! NO P2W!
    Castle sieges.
    A massive world with incredible vistas at all times of the day, and night, to pause for a moment and take it in.
    Something to exciting to explore everywhere you look. Ruins, caves, dungeons, raids, underwater areas.
    A world full of mysteries that no one knows anything about. Chances to uncover something incredible.
    A place to leave your mark.
    Dark forces to contend with.
    Surviving insane odds by the skin of my teeth.
    Farming large quantities of salt in wpvp. Beating you up AND taking your lunch.
    Whining to my monitor when they beat me up and take my lunch.
    PIRATES! One Eyed Willy will be stomping a new mud hole in everyone abord the Inferno.
    Becoming the most well known blacksmith on the server.
    Knowing all the gear I make will say Made by Apryck.
    Killing and camping anyone with cash shop items. ;)
    Most of all, the camaraderie I will share with friends as we do these things together. The laughing, celebrating, failures by less than 1% hp and utter trash talking to each other just to have fun.