Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

In-game ruler voting system

Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
I watched Steven Sharif's interview and I liked this guy, because I liked him I would like to propose an in-game system I have been craving for many years from other games and no game developer develired it yet: voting and giving support to in-game rulers.

I will make it short:
In MMOs towns, cities, villages have their NPC rulers, I propose that the players who reside or do quests in that city could vote every six months on a new lord. Imagine the city would have 3-5 lords, each lord would propose a different tax rate, public services, how many guards, new buildings or infrastructure, wars, npc patrolling, new shops, pvp in the region, etc, anything. Examples:
* lord A 0% tax, no guards, no services, everywhere is pvp
* lord B 3% tax, guards, no services, pvp outside the city
* lord C 10% tax, guards, free repairs and ins, no pvp anywhere in the city our around it
* lord D 5% tax, guards for illegal engagements, pvp everywhere

Players would vote and if the support on a lord was massive then that would be the new lord and his rules would be applied on that city for 6 months. This means that each city would have a different setup, players would go live in the city they prefer.

If the dispute was almost even then players would have to fight a small civil war, let's say that each supporter could have at most 10 deaths and then that player would be off the civil war. After a week the war score would define the new ruler.

That's it, I don't know if such system fits Ashes of Creation, but I can see that Steven Sharif understands that better systems is what make games interesting.

Would be great hearind about this from the devs of even from Steven Sharif himself.

Regards,

edit: from an Ultima Online and EVE Online player
PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.

Comments