Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is Ashes of Creation a game for me ?

Hey!

I am PVP player. I don’t have any friends playing MMO so I will certainly play alone.

Sometime I like to PvP in group.

I love to kill other players, take their loots and defend my pex area.

My favorite classes in other MMO : Archer/Warrior.

I would like to focus on the max level and improve my skills in PvP and find some rare gear.

At the same time I love exploration/PVE alone.

I hate instances/Dungeons but I love killing big bosses with few guys I found on the road in the open world.

When I fight a boss, i want to feel the risk that a group of other PvP players can pop at anytime and try to steal my boss.

Because every one wants to kill this boss as it potentially loots some super rare items that everyone wants.

I hate crafting and gather ressources but I’m ok to kill mobs during my whole Sunday to xp.

Im a casual player (15-20! Hours/week max).

Is AOC a game for me?

Comments

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited October 2022
    Life advice: figure out what you want, decide for yourself accordingly.

This may help: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

Good luck! 🤗
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Myosotys wrote: »
    Hey!

I am PVP player. I don’t have any friends playing MMO so I will certainly play alone.

I would like to focus on the max level and improve my skills in PvP and find some rare gear.

I hate instances/Dungeons but I love killing big bosses with few guys I found on the road in the open world.

When I fight a boss, i want to feel the risk that a group of other PvP players can pop at anytime and try to steal my boss.

Because every one wants to kill this boss as it potentially loots some super rare items that everyone wants.

I hate crafting and gather ressources but I’m ok to kill mobs during my whole Sunday to xp.

Is AOC a game for me?

At the moment, the answer is no, but they're quite close to something you would probably enjoy.

Basically, it might change, still, we don't know as much about certain parts of it.

Stay tuned for Alpha-2, when I am sure that MANY people on the forums will have lots of opinions relative to it, and will give you details on many things that are being tested.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Thank you ! Cannot wait to to try it !
  • Options
    I don't understand playing a mmorpg to play alone? Why not just play single player games out there? Why not enjoy a mmorpg with friends?
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    I don't understand playing a mmorpg to play alone? Why not just play single player games out there? Why not enjoy a mmorpg with friends?

Maybe you don't have any friends who enjoy MMORPGs.

These games are niche for many people because of the underlying cores of their designs, I'm sure you know.

And of course, some people want to be part of a living changing world while still being a loner or explorer. MMOs need those people too, they're cool and add to the experience when you meet them, temporarily group up with them, and then they move on, like any other 'character in a story'.

Usually better than curated single NPCs.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited October 2022

If everyone would understand others choices and tastes, the world would be much simpler )

And im very interested in your explanation about how to PvP in a single player game 🤣.
    And the first sentence of my post was explaining that I do not have any friends playing MMO.
  • Options
    Hey!

Is AOC a game for me?

Yes it is. Or will be sometime when is ready.
    Even if you prefer to play alone, the citizenship in a node will bring you in contact with other players in the same area and you will eventually know them.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Solo_players
    On release the developers anticipate max level should be attainable in approximately 45 days if playing 4-6 hours per day.[15][16]
    So it will take for you 2 - 3 months.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes! Welcome :)
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Hey!

Is AOC a game for me?

you just described AOC
  • Options

If everyone would understand others choices and tastes, the world would be much simpler )

And im very interested in your explanation about how to PvP in a single player game 🤣.
    And the first sentence of my post was explaining that I do not have any friends playing MMO.

Ya but you can make friends?
  • Options
    beretta7beretta7 Member
    edited October 2022
    Hey!

Is AOC a game for me?

You basically are me....No this is likely not a game for you. What you just explained is only the mentality of the extremely competitive "like a challenge" grp which is almost non existent these days in this genre.
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not sure what beretta7 is talking about. This game is right up your alley OP. Because of both the cooperative and competitive nature of this game though, you might want to try to make friends to play with.

There will be plenty to do while solo, but some content will be impossible without friends/a guild. And you'll probably be ganked more being solo, but you seem to have the maturity to deal with that. Welcome.
  • Options
    Thank you. Of course I am not categorically against making friends. I tend to play alone a lot, but I still hope to make friends.

In theory, and from what I've read on the Wiki, this game is very suitable for a PvP player like me:
    - The "non-combatant", "combatant", corrupted" system is great and should limit FPK.
    - There are loots but no full loots that would turn off PVE players.
    - No closed dungeons/instances but all bosses in Open World (more PvP opportunities).

But what worries me is the difference there will be between thoery and practice. I apologize for talking about another recent game: The game was supposed to be PvP but the devs implemented a non PvP flag. As a result, a player could come and take your mobs, your resources without you being able to attack him.

PvP players complained and got small bonuses to reward them for playing in open world with the PvP flag.

PVE players complained that PvP players got a bonus that they didn't.

In the end, nobody was satisfied, 90% of the players left and New World is a PvE game with a PvP flag possibility but it has almost no interest (no loots, no losses, nothing).

In short, all this to say that if Ashes of Creation is a PvP game then you should not do things by halves. PvE players should not be considered as PVE players but as pacifist players. All will reside in the functioning of the mechanics of the system "Non-combatant", "combatant", corrupted" which will have to be perfected.