Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Corruption system feedback

Hi long time lurker here, corruption as it stands right now, only bounty hunter can see corrupted player on the world/mini map.

it would be cool to have player that killed you, get added to your character enemy list automatically, doesnt matter if the player is corrupted or not, and when your enemy is nearby, they will show up as a icon in your minimap only.

I got this idea from playing an old pvp mmo called Conquer online long time ago,

i think its a nice addition to the corruption system.

how do you guys think about this suggetion?

sorry if there's any error in my spelling, english is not my 1st language.

there's an image i attach below from conquer online website explanation of enemy list.

Comments

• Options
    This would completely remove any kind of stealth/covert actions between warring guilds or nodes or even parties.

Most likely you'll be interacting with the same groups of people in your day-to-day gameplay. And you'll be quite likely pvping with them quite often too (or PKing each other here and there). And if you always see your enemy approaching, the enemy will never be able to stealth you.

Now you could add some counter mechanics, but at that point you're developing a solution to a problem you yourself created.

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it fits Ashes.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    This would completely remove any kind of stealth/covert actions between warring guilds or nodes or even parties.

Most likely you'll be interacting with the same groups of people in your day-to-day gameplay. And you'll be quite likely pvping with them quite often too (or PKing each other here and there). And if you always see your enemy approaching, the enemy will never be able to stealth you.

Now you could add some counter mechanics, but at that point you're developing a solution to a problem you yourself created.

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it fits Ashes.

oh yeah, i didnt think about the stealth mechanics here, my bad.