RNG blocks/dodges/parry per second cap

I think it would add an extra element to strategies if there were a cap on the number of dodges and blocks that RNG can generate for characters. This would require another stat to alter the cap, likely agility, or haste could influence this, giving haste some defensive bonuses for once, or some CDR reduction stat also influencing this.

If you had 100 opponents of comparable level, all swinging at you simultaneously, and you had 20% block chance, it seems rather superhuman to be able to block 20% of those swings.

Proposing that there be a cap on the number of times you can block per second, influenced by another stat to allow for these defensive RNG to perform better when being hit more frequently in a given time period.

This would also apply to 1v1 fights, if your opponent has crazy haste, your chance to block/dodge should decrease, unless you are just as quick.

Faster you are, need some Matrix style animations here, with the blurring.

Comments

• Imo it'd be better to just apply directionality to blocking. You have a full block in your frontal cone, half or 30% block on the sides (45 degrees on either side) and no block from behind.

Cause I find it silly that, if I have a hugeass double-handed sword in front of me that pretty much completely covers my dunir body, I can still be hit through it if there's several people hitting me directly from the front. Same reasoning definitely applies to shields too.
  • DarkTidesDarkTides Member
    edited October 2022
    This applies to block dodge and parry, would not solely be for blocking

You could have directionals apply further modifiers
  • Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited October 2022
    I think block stamina would be a great option- that way you don't inherently get punished for blocking, but you also can't overly rely on it, since overwhelming offense or endlessly blocking could burn through your stamina more quickly.

This would make it more about managing your block, compared to never wanting to risk using it because of the chance to take damage when hit- unless of course, you should be hit (such as being at a disadvantage against several people, or a really powerful attack) having the ability to burn through the stamina more quickly.
  • Here's where I think a players strength, relative to their opponents, should determine whether or not they can even block an attack to begin with. At some point, the contested stats of strength should just indicate that the stronger player overpowered the blocking opponent, regardless of their block chance...if they are wimpy, they shouldnt be able to block.