Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Proposing an In Game System Idea

I am sure some people have seen the Anime, "BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense." In the Anime the main character is attributed skills based on the interactions within the game. Taking a lot of poison damage overtime would end up granting the main character poison resistances and other things like that. In the Show these would be permanent skills or developments for the character which would make them very meaningful, and almost as if the game itself was blessing you with skills that were particularly fitted to your play style, and accentuated it. I would really love to see some kind of Omage to this concept within Ashes of Creation. I could imagine it might be hell to try and add these in subsequent to any system already being made, but nonetheless I feel it would be a very meaningful and inspiring game mechanic.

P.S. The artwork aesthetic you are creating... Nailed it.

Comments

• SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    These make great stories, and work well in single-player games but when you come down to the practical matter of it, they can quickly become un-fun things one has to grind for peak performance, particularly if the effects are strong.

I don't want to hear from a raid group "Okay, everyone grind your poison resistance by next Saturday. We're taking on the poison dragon next."
  • Yeah I was thinking it would have to be rather marginal, and not very controllable by grinding. maybe like 1-3% stat boost based on long term criteria. Great response though.
  • As that anime showed, this mainly leads to OP shit. And as Song said, everyone will just require their guild members to grind out any possible passives, especially if they are permanent.
  • If i was a mage, i 100% would make this anime come true lmao.
  • No doubt brother, no doubt.