Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Links to External Surveys on Action/Tab Combat?

HasilHasil Member, Settler, Kickstarter
In another thread people dropped links to external surveys about action and tab combat, with decent sample sizes -- like 400-500 in one of them. Anyone have those links? I searched but cannot find the thread.

Comments

• Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    If you talk to a lot of people they want skill to be involved their game and to matter…

If by ‘talk to a lot of people’ you mean, conduct a well crafted neutral survey that eliminates confirmation bias as much as possible, then you’d have some compelling evidence to speak on behalf of the surveyed players. But I don’t think that’s what you mean at all. So your loaded dice are just as problematic as anyone else’s.

Totally fine for your opinion, but it’s your opinion.

Closest thing I’ve seen to data around the whole ‘action’ v ‘tab’ issue for ashes was conducted by Jahlon, who runs PGN. Here are the results:

5h5uotb2u1l1.jpeg

This is what actual data looks like. Here’s a link to @Jahlon’s Ashes101 channel if you’re interested in his additional polls.

https://youtube.com/c/ParadoxGamingNetwork

Liniker wrote: »
    @maouw @CROW3 I have another similar poll with data from a bigger audience, translation is a bit off since this was written in Portuguese, this is the data s2w0u79m9gjg.jpg

• Options
    Now poll WoW/FF14 player communities with the same question.

My point it's relational to group of people you're polling.

I'm not in either camp, just making a point.
  • Options
    Vyril wrote: »

I feel like this is irrelevant as Ashes is not even out yet. If anything, by your logic the polls should sway towards the tab targeting side, as Ashes is mostly going for tab targeting.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options
    Dummo wrote: »

I feel like this is irrelevant as Ashes is not even out yet. If anything, by your logic the polls should sway towards the tab targeting side, as Ashes is mostly going for tab targeting.

I wouldn't say mostly tab targeting since it is 75% action or tab between skills picked based on how each one works.

Ashes is hybrid
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

those are Archeage and WoW / Lost Ark / New World communities
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    DummoDummo Member
    edited October 2022
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Dummo wrote: »

I wouldn't say mostly tab targeting since it is 75% action or tab between skills picked based on how each one works.

Ashes is hybrid

Either way, it's not like Ashes is more action combat focused and thus attracts more of an action combat crowd, is my point.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options
    AerlanaAerlana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    with 95/80% (first/second poll) being "prefer that, but can play both" i think most people don't consider the kind of gameplay being the real question, and will focus mainly on the quality of the gameplay.
  • Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    edited October 2022
    Liniker wrote: »

those are Archeage and WoW / Lost Ark / New World communities

I didn't really see any WoW videos in their lists.