Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Buying/Selling Gold Permanent Ban

If you truly want ZERO pay2win, you need to really put your foot down on this. No 3 day ban or 1 week ban. Permanent ban for buying and selling gold. It's obviously difficult to track but just the threat alone will massively lower demand. Hopefully some method of IP and Hardware ID bans can help with botting as well.

Comments

• Options
    They mention this in one of the recent live streams, in august i believe
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    They mention this in one of the recent live streams, in august i believe

Yeah I just saw that video. I'm very glad they said basically everything I was hoping for.
  • Options
    Permanent bans are fine as long as they have a strong arbitration group to prevent some of the messed-up errors that can occur.
  • Options
    As long as you a have a fair review system yes, perma-ban is absolutely the way to go.

You also need to make sure bots aren't a thing.

• Options
    I'm just not going to trade anything to anyone for the first month after release as they calibrate the permaban ruleset at scale. ;)
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    I'm just not going to trade anything to anyone for the first month after release as they calibrate the permaban ruleset at scale. ;)

imagine playing 15 hours a day totally legit and giving a few millions to your casual friend irl who only plays 1 or 2 hours a day then getting perma banned :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

imagine playing 15 hours a day totally legit and giving a few millions to your casual friend irl who only plays 1 or 2 hours a day then getting perma banned :D:D:D:D

This is what happened with New World. Players legitimately playing the game using in game mechanics that were in line with how the game was designed were hard banned with no warning and given no recourse for appeal. It came out of the blue for many- including those who simply did trades with those who were accused.
  • Options
    I only care about RMT businesses. People buying and selling gold with their friends doesn't matter to me. Small scale RMT doesn't ruin economies. When RMT becomes the meta and websites like g2g are core to the actual gameplay that is when the game gets destroyed.
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

That's why I don't tell my friends I have millions in gold because I'm too paranoid that I'll get banned when I share the wealth.