Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP Status and Wars

mrBokmrBok Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Hi, I have Question... If I'm Green Non-Combatant player, and I see a Purple Combatant Player, how I will know if I'm Green or Purple for him? For Example im Gathering Node I will see Purple Guy, Ok maybe he kill another purple player few minutes ago and I'm still Green for him. But maybe my Guild and his Guild are at WAR. In this case he still will be Purple for me but I will be Purple for him right? In that case I will die thinking he will gain corruption but no. The same case when our Nodes are at War. Is there will be any indicator that we are enemys?
f59ll57jllom.png

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited October 2022
    Dunno if they've stated it outright, but I'm fairly sure that literally every mmo that has guilds has some sort of visible emblem to indicate that someone's a member. And if your guild is at war with his - there's also another icon indicating as much.

Lineage 2 had 2 small fists (with one fist indicating an unaccepted war declaration) which was later changed into blades for better clarity.
    5c9bvc6o3px7.png

zoo9e8ci9ams.png

In other words, UI will tell you.
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't think we have any information on this. The intuitive answer would be that they would not appear Purple as a result of being a member of an enemy guild, but rather get a separate "Guild War Target" icon by their name instead.

Steven has said that guild wars operate outside the normal PvP flagging system, so this sort of decision wouldn't be terribly strange. You could see that player as Purple or Green (or even Red) based on their other activity, but still know they were free to attack, and that they could freely attack you, due to the "Hostile Guild" icon by their name.

Is this what they'll do? Who knows. Might be worth asking in the Q&A thread for the regular end of the month stream.
  • Options
    Making the names orange would be perfect for GvG flagging. Can't be confused, and doesn't add any additional UI clutter.
  • Options
    Vyril wrote: »
    Making the names orange would be perfect for GvG flagging. Can't be confused, and doesn't add any additional UI clutter.
    Changing the name itself stands in the way of other interactions. If I just see an orange dude I might not attack him if I'm not necessarily in the mood, but if I see a red dude that's also a war enemy - that bish is going down.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Changing the name itself stands in the way of other interactions. If I just see an orange dude I might not attack him if I'm not necessarily in the mood, but if I see a red dude that's also a war enemy - that bish is going down.

Let your guild know that you skipped the guild war then.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm gonna be the GL so I can skip whoever I want B)
    mjyab5g81i46.png
  • Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm gonna be the GL so I can skip whoever I want B)

Make sure you let all your guild members know, you won't be participating in guild war.
  • Options
    Make sure you let all your guild members know, you won't be participating in guild war.
    Not killing a solo random war enemy won't have any real impact on the overall war. But even if it did, if my guildmates have a problem with my decisions they'll be free to leave at any moment. In my 6 years of GLing, no one has had problems with my decision making.
  • Options
    Not killing a solo random war enemy won't have any real impact on the overall war. But even if it did, if my guildmates have a problem with my decisions they'll be free to leave at any moment. In my 6 years of GLing, no one has had problems with my decision making.

Do you know if it will? Maybe that person was transporting supplies? Maybe each kill is a value point, and you'll be short at the end.

Maybe if other members take that same stance, it starts stacking up as a whole. Then you fall behind because everyone just shrugs and goes oh well.

You do you, but make sure you tell me your guild so I can avoid it.
  • Options
    Do you know if it will? Maybe that person was transporting supplies? Maybe each kill is a value point, and you'll be short at the end.
    A single person transporting stuff will be nothing compared to a caravan led by their guild.

Intrepid have said that guild wars will be more meaningful than just "go kill people until the war randomly stops", while also saying that we can kill our enemies as much as we want during the war, so I'd assume that singular kills won't have that big of an impact.
    Maybe if other members take that same stance, it starts stacking up as a whole. Then you fall behind because everyone just shrugs and goes oh well.
    If my guildmates don't want to fight in wars - I just wont accept war declarations nor make my own. And if they do want to fight but are not ok with me not killing a singular player - they're free to leave the guild out of disagreement with my gameplay decisions.
    You do you, but make sure you tell me your guild so I can avoid it.
    Oh, I'm sure we'll never even come across one another so you got nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    mrBokmrBok Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ok Thank You all for great answers. Fist/Sword icons seems like good idea
    f59ll57jllom.png