Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Number of hotbar abilities

I'm new here so sincere apologies if this is a dumb question.
but I saw in the ranger stream that there were only 3 abilities on the hotbar for use. now this could be because they only intended to show those 3 abilities, but I don't know.
in ESO I only have access to 5 abilities at the time and it get's really boring. is it revealed how many abilities you can actively use when the game is out?

if the number has to be low to make the action combat easier to engage in, might I suggest ability chains for consideration to add more depth to the combat?

Comments

• Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    I didn't have trouble filling up most of my hotbar in Alpha 1, and we only got to play up to Level 15 at that time (out of 50).

I'll have to recheck yesterday's livestream but I believe Steven said that classes will have around 30 abilities, though it won't be possible to spec into all of them at once. In Alpha 1, there were occasional items with "ability effects" (such as 'burn a particular sort of undead') which could also add to this.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    He said it depended on archetype and passives but 35-40 was the general aim.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited October 2022
    So we will be capable of specing into a total of ~45 abilities, however you will only be able to use ~15 abilities depending on how you spend the points for specing.
  • Options
    The wiki states "There will be an option to include multiple hotbars" so expect a full round of choices. I think the closest we get to ability chains will just be whatever procs someone has.
  • Options
    thank you for the responses <3 , this has alleviated my fears :D things are looking exciting!