Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Solo players end game

As a recently new dad. Long play sessions and regular schedule isn't a thing anymore. Will there be content or things to ease a solo player experience in Ashes? i.e. I know i could not do raids but maybe could i queue for a specific raid quarter or boss. Same goes for sieges, i'd have the option to get in a faster pace battleground with a smaller scale. Etc.
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry, your kids will go to college by the time game comes out :)

But on a serious note, just keep your expectations in check and I'm sure you'll enjoy the game for what it is. It'll take time, but you'll get to fight some bosses and maybe even get to some high tiers of gear in due time.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    Omegah wrote: »
    As a recently new dad. Long play sessions and regular schedule isn't a thing anymore. Will there be content or things to ease a solo player experience in Ashes? i.e. I know i could not do raids but maybe could i queue for a specific raid quarter or boss. Same goes for sieges, i'd have the option to get in a faster pace battleground with a smaller scale. Etc.
    Thank you.

Do you enjoy PvP at all?

While PvP would not be a solo activity, it is probably 'an activity full of soloers'.

I feel like there are a lot of players who would gladly accept a protector while gathering or fishing, and you would just need to find a region where that involved a meaningful amount of gameplay.

If you don't like PvP, I can say that we don't have as much information yet but some promises/indications that you will have stuff you can do.

I do not believe you can 'queue' for anything, nor are you likely to be involved in Sieges that are not 'against the Node you live in', but we are awaiting more details.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    I do not believe you can 'queue' for anything, nor are you likely to be involved in Sieges that are not 'against the Node you live in', but we are awaiting more details.
    Allegedly he'd be able to operate siege machinery, but that would require a guild that's strong enough to even siege a castle. And that might be somewhat difficult to achieve for someone with very limited gametime.
  • Options
    I hope that Intrepid decides to introduce instanced BGs for cosmetic rewards only, which would help solo/casual players to have some PvP fun, but that's not a thing yet.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶