Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

SHIP PARTS / SHIPS / SHIP CLASSIFICATIONS

You can really infer a lot from the information that was in the AMA. Amongst the topics covered, yours truly found the mentions of upgrades & classifications of ships to be of interest.

The mention of upgrading your spyglass/spotting mechanisms had also alluded to other upgrades possible for ships. Knowing that there will be sub-components to ships really expands the scope of shipwrighting - and I'm really, REALLY hoping for a system akin to starfighter engineering in SWG.

Also - about the classifications? NEAT! The mention of natural detection/visibility-ranges and how the ship itself will differ from the render-range of player names felt like a great idea. Knowing that ships can have different classes and weights expounded upon a topic a lot of us are eager to hear more about.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    You can really infer a lot from the information that was in the AMA. Amongst the topics covered, yours truly found the mentions of upgrades & classifications of ships to be of interest.

The mention of upgrading your spyglass/spotting mechanisms had also alluded to other upgrades possible for ships. Knowing that there will be sub-components to ships really expands the scope of shipwrighting - and I'm really, REALLY hoping for a system akin to starfighter engineering in SWG.

Also - about the classifications? NEAT! The mention of natural detection/visibility-ranges and how the ship itself will differ from the render-range of player names felt like a great idea. Knowing that ships can have different classes and weights expounded upon a topic a lot of us are eager to hear more about.

The system as described seems like Archeage.

In that game you could upgrade sails, rudders, cannons, sunglasses, harpoons and a few other things I cant recall off the top of my head.