Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Community Driven Voiceover Discussion:

Hello All,

I was just thinking about voiceovers and how much they affect game immersion for me. Interacting with NPCs with just text replies is just bland gameplay to me. Voiceovers for NPCs breathe life and personality into these characters for me. From what I understand is that for Intrepid to hire voice actors for the hundreds, if not thousands, of different NPCs would be cost prohibitive at this time. My proposal is this:

Community Driven Voiceover Project

Intrepid could release a wish list of voiceover characters with the written dialogue they wished voiced.

For Example: Bartender Voice "What ya having?" or "What can I get you?" These could possibly get more detailed with a picture of the NPC and the request of how would this character say these lines that would allow better RP for participants.

I think that this would help AoC by stimulating community involvement and improve the game by increasing immersion. I know a lot of gamers/GMs who are extremely talented with doing voices and I imagine would love to contribute to AoC.

Intrepid could possibly reward contributors who have had their voiceovers selected with some kind of in-game title. I imagine this to be a way for the community to become more involved in AoC.

What do you guys think?

Comments