Those interested in the Spot Test + Qualitications

Hey everyone! Of course if a thread like this already exists or I am posting this in the wrong spot, which I tend to do, please let me know, but I just thought I would voice my interest in helping with the spot test and maybe others could post interest here for that as well.

I have helped in the testing phase of other games in the past, such as Manor Lords, Skysaga Infinite Isles and Crowfall, and would have no problem following the guidelines of the NDA, understanding that my time testing the game is not to just play and enjoy content since its not the final product. It is a time to focus on networking, Framerates, UI functionality and checking other systems and reporting bugs to the team and giving feedback.

Comments

• We're all interested in testing it. But the ones who will do it will be the few chosen ones from already preestablished alpha1 testers. So everyone who weren't in alpha1 barely has any chance to join spot tests.
  • Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited October 2022
    If you don't have the finances for a Voyager or Voyager+ Pack, there are occasional giveaways that include Alpha keys, @Mezcon.

In other words, stay in touch with Ashes social media.
  • DepravedDepraved Member
    edited October 2022
    Mezcon wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Of course if a thread like this already exists or I am posting this in the wrong spot, which I tend to do, please let me know, but I just thought I would voice my interest in helping with the spot test and maybe others could post interest here for that as well.

I have helped in the testing phase of other games in the past, such as Manor Lords, Skysaga Infinite Isles and Crowfall, and would have no problem following the guidelines of the NDA, understanding that my time testing the game is not to just play and enjoy content since its not the final product. It is a time to focus on networking, Framerates, UI functionality and checking other systems and reporting bugs to the team and giving feedback.

if you wana be in the spot testing so bad, it means you are the last person who should be in the spot testing :D
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NiKr wrote: »
    We're all interested in testing it. But the ones who will do it will be the few chosen ones from already preestablished alpha1 testers. So everyone who weren't in alpha1 barely has any chance to join spot tests.

Steven said alpha one And alpha two
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • cadexncadexn Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    i figured those who are actively involved in previous alpha test
  • Liniker wrote: »
    Steven said alpha one And alpha two
    Do you really think that he would pull anyone who'd buy the keys now though? Cause I highly doubt that. Especially considering that spot tests will be NDAed.
  • Yeah, I'd pull a random selection of Alpha1 testers with x-or-greater defects logged in prior tests. Folks familiar with the NDA that are active and engaged testers. Testing the game and playing the game are significantly different activities. I think most folks heard Steven talk about the dot tests and just want to play the game early.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • ThatGuyPowersThatGuyPowers Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I imagine the only ones that get into the spot test will be people that were in alpha 1 and even then I think it will be a small group.
  • I know you didn't really mention this, but in terms of testing. I find that it helps when the games actually ask in game for feedback when you complete certain content. It's great for getting feedback from people that usually wouldn't post feedback in forums or in support tickets or such. Heck even if it just asks when you would log out to submit feedback about your gaming session. Something to think about in terms of additional alphas / betas.
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    Taaku wrote: »
    I know you didn't really mention this, but in terms of testing. I find that it helps when the games actually ask in game for feedback when you complete certain content. It's great for getting feedback from people that usually wouldn't post feedback in forums or in support tickets or such. Heck even if it just asks when you would log out to submit feedback about your gaming session. Something to think about in terms of additional alphas / betas.

A lot of what they're looking for, particularly in these pre-alpha spot tests is specifically not general feedback. It's bug reports. Basically ONLY bug reports. They'll get tons of feedback from the general Alpha, so unless something is a major issue, they probably don't care. Bugs though, bugs prevent them from having a proper Alpha and getting the overall feedback they need from it. That's what they're after here. I'm sure they appreciate feedback for final tuning, too, but I wouldn't bet that it's their primary target.

I know you didn't say anything specifically about the spot tests, but it's still a notable point.
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NiKr wrote: »
    Do you really think that he would pull anyone who'd buy the keys now though? Cause I highly doubt that. Especially considering that spot tests will be NDAed.

the quote is "with some portion of the community that are present from alpha one and from alpha two"

and in the past, when referring to spot tests for pre alpha 1 steven used to specifically say they were testing with phoenix initiative and later with alpha 1 testers, so yes
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Liniker wrote: »
    the quote is "with some portion of the community that are present from alpha one and from alpha two"

and in the past, when referring to spot tests for pre alpha 1 steven used to specifically say they were testing with phoenix initiative and later with alpha 1 testers, so yes
    Well, even if he does get someone completely new from the alpha2 people, we wouldn't know cause nda :D Hope some of them get lucky.
  • ghostly86ghostly86 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I joined in the kickstarter but only got the alpha two level. Any idea when that will be starting? I keep seeing alpha two updates so I am just a little confused about if it's out or not.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ghostly86 wrote: »
    I joined in the kickstarter but only got the alpha two level. Any idea when that will be starting? I keep seeing alpha two updates so I am just a little confused about if it's out or not.

It's not out, and no announcements about it have been made.
    Steven has recently said "soon", but for some context: the demos have shown 3 out of 8 archetype basic skills (4 skills each) and they've been 1-per-month so far. It's unlikely that A2 will be ready before they've showcased all 8 - so that's a rough indicator. That said, they definitely have more stuff that they're not showing yet (Steven was using a rogue dash a few months ago in the melee showcase) so take it with a grain of salt.
    I wish I were deep and tragic