Suggestion - Character skill voice/sing

adriannxadriannx Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Hello, I would like to suggest the following:

Skill voices
Many years ago I played a video game that makes me nostalgic every time I hear the voices of the characters when activating their abilities. Currently there are almost no mmorpg video games where they give a voice to the characters, I think this would be a good opportunity to give our characters a little life.

For example:
- Sing buff skills
- Sing some attack skills, especially powerful attacks.

Curiosities
In the mmorpg video games of recent years, it is somewhat difficult to differentiate between high-level players, but when they use and sing some high-level skill, we can know just by listening to it.

This is just my humble opinion, I hope I don't offend anyone.

Sorry if my english is bad.

Regards!

Comments

• SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    There's no chance Bards wont have instruments to play, but I think it would be nice to hear my character's voice when singing some of them. No words please, I feel like that would get very tedious over time, but well-written wordless singing has worked well in other games, even in repetitive situations.

For calling out abilities... I think I'd prefer it be kept to "Ultimate" style attacks. Anything else would become a cacophony in a raid or even party setting in even moderately paced combat. It would potentially be a useful audio cue for "Ultimates" though. (I admit we don't currently know of any 'ultimate' style attacks in Ashes.)
  • I will record a video and share it so that the idea that I am suggesting is clearer. :smile: