Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crafting like the City of Heroes character creator:

I have been thinking a lot recently about character creation and crafting. When I think about which type of character creator I enjoyed the most in MMOs, for me, it was hands down the CoH character creator. I literally spent hours making different types of characters. In most games that I have played, you make your character with cool scars/looks/whatever and then you promptly cover it all up with whatever gear you are able to acquire never really getting to enjoy the look of that character, unless you run around naked.

The CoH character creator was really focused on how your character was going to look in game, ie: you were really creating his/her armor look or design.

My hope for AoC would be for crafters to be able to create armor looks for players similar to the way players could create their characters in CoH. I would like for crafters to be able to manipulate different armor pieces in ways that are similar to how AoC utilizes their character creator. Non-crafters could possible enter a crafter workshop and use the crafting tool to design and order from crafters certain looks.

I want to go on the record as saying AoC character creator is awesome, love it. I just would like the crafting system to be as good, fun, and to feel rewarding for players.

Thoughts? Ideas?