Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PC Build

Im currently in the process of building a gaming PC, and only GPU is left to get. I will game in 1440p in 144hz, with Ray Tracing on. Which GPU you suggest getting for these settings? Will you have an integrated graphics system like Ray Tracing that wont be as taxing to the GPUs?
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    3070 is your best bet
  • Options
    worddog wrote: »
    3070 is your best bet

You think the RT ability of the gpu is enough to handle AOC?
  • Options
    4090 lets go
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    4090 lets go

I like my kidneys
  • Options
    Danaos wrote: »
    worddog wrote: »
    3070 is your best bet

You think the RT ability of the gpu is enough to handle AOC?

The game doesn't exist yet so idk. 3070 is the best gpu for ray tracing games if you don't want to spend a lot of money.
  • Options
    I'd suggest waiting for a 6090
  • Options
    prymortalprymortal Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2022
    If you want RT performance then Nvidia 4000 series as that was a main focus to improve the cards ability with Ray Tracing by increasing the "RT cores" again over the last Gen. Ideally the yet to be released 4070 (or but not necessary the "super" or "ti" the correcting rebrand of the meme "4080 12gb" version) if you want close to 144hz but I doubt on ultra settings, maybe on high or high/medium mix. The 4060 Might be an option too, but that has yet to have Real World testing & Also yet to be released.
    As for "systems" UE5 literally has a checkbox to turn on Ray Tracing as an option when you load your level & of course you can disable it in client so likely a feature. But Look up UE5 Lumen & Niagara. Those are the lighting systems & VFX, Assuming its not all done in After Effects.. meh same result more or less really. The Birds seen in the ranger Demo might be the Niagara effects? at a guess since I used something similar lately.
  • Options
    Danaos wrote: »
    I will game in 1440p in 144hz, with Ray Tracing on.

Well, it all comes down to your budget. If your budget is infinite, there's no reason not to get a 3090 or 4090.

In any case, a 3070ti should be more than enough to play Ashes, especially if you don't like weird effects, motion blur, etc and will play the game on FPS/meta settings.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    Alpha won't launch for at least a few more months, probably 6, the game won't launch for a minimum of 1 year after alpha, probably 2. If you really want to maximize your performance for AOC you will wait until we have dates for launch, since the hardware available when AOC launches will be significantly better than it is right now.