Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Feature Wishlist

FloweringmindFloweringmind Member, Settler, Kickstarter
I have been playing MMOs for since before EQ and there are some features that would really be wonderful in Ashes of Creation.

Wishlist:

1. Ability to apply armor and weapon designs among equipment. It is so frustrating to get a collection of equipment and you look beautiful. Then you get one ugly helm and it ruins the whole look. I would be happy to take the equipment and pay for a crafter to transfer the stats and abilities of the armor from one piece to the next. But I get sick and tired of running around looking like an idiot in mismatched outfits in MMOs. Maybe the stats and ability on the armor are socketed instead of locked to the armor and you just transfer the socket item from one item to the next.

2. NPC Monster Power. Instead of just depending on PVP to create dynamic environments I would love to see monsters be much more powerful that they could actually destroy and take over zones and cities. If players don't keep them in check they become a huge threat. There could be so many amazing dynamic stories and a great way to rally players together.

3. Dynamic Locations - Like Guildwars and ESO, my favorite events were places where you had to participate with other players and the locations changed after you completed the quests or cleared out the threat.

3. Thieves and Dungeons - Dungeons and Dragons Online and Wizardy Online had the best thief systems to date. Dungeons should be dangerous and even more dangerous without these players. Deadly traps are awesome! So many MMOs have these boring dungeons that anyone can run through or it is just fight monsters until you get to the boss fight. Can we get something more interesting with Secret doors, traps, puzzles and such?

4. Better Classes - We need the boring triad of fighter (DPS), tank(TAUNT), healer(HEAL) to end. Like many people I don't want to play any of those roles. I want to be a thief who supports by finding traps, secret doors, sets traps and poisons enemies. I want to be a druid like in EQ who is need by the whole group to teleport people around, be the only person to cure/protect for certain diseases and create pets who help battle. I want to be a bard that sings amazing songs that buff the group and debuff monsters in big ways.

Comments

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have been playing MMOs for since before EQ and there are some features that would really be wonderful in Ashes of Creation.

Wishlist:

1. Ability to apply armor and weapon designs among equipment. It is so frustrating to get a collection of equipment and you look beautiful. Then you get one ugly helm and it ruins the whole look. I would be happy to take the equipment and pay for a crafter to transfer the stats and abilities of the armor from one piece to the next. But I get sick and tired of running around looking like an idiot in mismatched outfits in MMOs. Maybe the stats and ability on the armor are socketed instead of locked to the armor and you just transfer the socket item from one item to the next.

2. NPC Monster Power. Instead of just depending on PVP to create dynamic environments I would love to see monsters be much more powerful that they could actually destroy and take over zones and cities. If players don't keep them in check they become a huge threat. There could be so many amazing dynamic stories and a great way to rally players together.

3. Dynamic Locations - Like Guildwars and ESO, my favorite events were places where you had to participate with other players and the locations changed after you completed the quests or cleared out the threat.

3. Thieves and Dungeons - Dungeons and Dragons Online and Wizardy Online had the best thief systems to date. Dungeons should be dangerous and even more dangerous without these players. Deadly traps are awesome! So many MMOs have these boring dungeons that anyone can run through or it is just fight monsters until you get to the boss fight. Can we get something more interesting with Secret doors, traps, puzzles and such?

4. Better Classes - We need the boring triad of fighter (DPS), tank(TAUNT), healer(HEAL) to end. Like many people I don't want to play any of those roles. I want to be a thief who supports by finding traps, secret doors, sets traps and poisons enemies. I want to be a druid like in EQ who is need by the whole group to teleport people around, be the only person to cure/protect for certain diseases and create pets who help battle. I want to be a bard that sings amazing songs that buff the group and debuff monsters in big ways.

Hey look a kickstarter member who has no clue whats in the game. Cringe.

b24de7u33io1.gif
    du2ljngonyuq.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited October 2022
    1. Ability to apply armor and weapon designs among equipment.
    So, transmog?
    2. NPC Monster Power.
    So, good AI and world events that are already planned?
    3. Dynamic Locations
    Same world events that might bring changes in weather and other shit, or node sieges that will literally destroy a whole damn city?
    4. Thieves and Dungeons
    So, good dungeon design with different mechanics?
    5. Better Classes
    So, utility abilities?

Seems reasonable and something that was either already planned or at least discussed at length.
    g5b8zbjrxt94.gif