Utility Skills?

Now that we are starting to get a glimpse at the basic combat skills classes will receive, do we know about/have any thoughts on utility focused skills?

For example, Ranger sends their bird a set distance to scout? Or scrying spells for Mages? Could a Tank have a skill that creates an "alarm zone" so that if they are gathering in an area, as player approaches it informs them? Rogues could "disguise party" to allow for group political infiltration. Bard songs that draw in huntable/tameable creatures. Clerics asking for divine guidance to learn of local PvE content that is now available with the recent node progression nearby.

I am talking less in combat utility, and moreso world exploration utility that gives the player more depth in dealing with both PvP and PvE encounters

Comments

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Here is what Steven said 5 years ago:

https://discord.com/channels/256164085366915072/256164085366915072/278430471954890753
    So there are hazards in game when you delve the dungeons like wires or magical traps and pits that require utility items or spells to reveal that each class will have a certain focus in
    The light spell for example reveals magical explosive hazards

But that was a long time ago. That may no longer be the plan. I vaguely remember Clerics being able to "cleanse" certain hazards as another one. Rogues were going to have a "parkour" skill, but in a recent livestream I saw a Ranger that Steven played climbing on a rock, so I'm not sure if that means all classes can do parkour stuff, or maybe a Ranger has a limited climbing ability (as their camouflage is a limited version of the Rogue's stealth), or all classes have a limited ability to climb while Rogues have a more extensive one.

Hhak63P.png
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    YouTube
    Ashes of creation PAX PvE experience.
    There were several videos of the 4 Archetype's that showed what you are looking for there.
    It was 2017 but it gives a good idea of their intent. Hopefully these things do not fall to the way side.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.