Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Possible Expansion Wish List

So I thought it would be a good idea to make a wish list for things that might be added later, either in a later update after launch. Or a full fledged expansion. It isn't made as a demand or any such. Just a compilation of, 'Ooh! This would be cool to have later!'

1.)One such idea is mixed racial town, city, metros etc. where existing buildings that were from a time where a race had contributed the most to a node's continues to exist or have some form of bearing on the settlement's aesthetics. So you could have Tolnar, human, and elf influences all upon one location.

2.) Additional weapon skills and weapon variations. I like the idea of gathering tools doubling as weapons, but also being a different play style. Some could be sub optimal, situational, or require player skill to execute well.

3. Camouflage shields. Ever seen those tropes where a ninja is hiding behind a screen that looks like something behind them? Why not crouch behind a shield that looks like a bush, cliff side, rock outcropping, or sand dune? (or etc?) Would be an interesting concept. (hoping we can crouch.)

4. Mixed races! Okay, I know it would probably be a modeling issue. But half elves! =D (or half-tolnar! )

5. Festivals. I don't remember if there are any planned or not, but it would be cool to have festive events and stuff.
6. More ideas to say, 'Hey devs, I think this would be cool and in the spirit of the game. What do you think?' Anyone?
MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.

Comments

• Options
    xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Let's get the game before we add more game to the game...
  • Options
    Mionikoi wrote: »
    So I thought it would be a good idea to make a wish list for things that might be added later, either in a later update after launch. Or a full fledged expansion. It isn't made as a demand or any such. Just a compilation of, 'Ooh! This would be cool to have later!'

1.)One such idea is mixed racial town, city, metros etc. where existing buildings that were from a time where a race had contributed the most to a node's continues to exist or have some form of bearing on the settlement's aesthetics. So you could have Tolnar, human, and elf influences all upon one location.

2.) Additional weapon skills and weapon variations. I like the idea of gathering tools doubling as weapons, but also being a different play style. Some could be sub optimal, situational, or require player skill to execute well.

3. Camouflage shields. Ever seen those tropes where a ninja is hiding behind a screen that looks like something behind them? Why not crouch behind a shield that looks like a bush, cliff side, rock outcropping, or sand dune? (or etc?) Would be an interesting concept. (hoping we can crouch.)

4. Mixed races! Okay, I know it would probably be a modeling issue. But half elves! =D (or half-tolnar! )

5. Festivals. I don't remember if there are any planned or not, but it would be cool to have festive events and stuff.
    6. More ideas to say, 'Hey devs, I think this would be cool and in the spirit of the game. What do you think?' Anyone?

Don't know if they will add any of that but some of it, like festivals, are fairly standard events in most games so we'll probably see those.
    If you have other ideas throw them out. Forums are for feedback, theory crafting, brainstorming, etc. No point not sharing ideas. Plus you never know what will spark a solution or lead to something better than what's already intended.
  • Options
    I'm against adding, always. Before adding you need to fix the things that don't work, and rework things to make it better.
  • Options
    I like to think that my list doesn't have to be reasonable, because it can be ignored. Heck, maybe one of the ideas will be looked at with a, 'I think we could do that later.' And from my experience in other MMOs like ESO, I can quite agree. Have a working product before we add things. Having smooth gameplay when fighting other players or things is a must. But regardless, as a reminder and to clarify I am suggesting this wish list for a later update after the game launches... Or in an expansion that could take place years after the game releases.

This is a, 'This would be nice\cool to have.' list. I think I'll add to it.

7. Grimlins! Or goblins. Just a small fantasy mob that you want to kill on site before their population gets out of hand and they start invading your settlements. Maybe it could be similar to a monster coin event but it is all scripted.
    8. I like the idea of the color of you gear mattering. If you are wearing gear that meets a certain color pallet to a node's region, you gain passive camouflage.
    9. I like the idea of there being other continents that might try invading the known map of Vera. NPC raiders and Pirates. But some could even be traders for exotic goods. Or the raiders could drop exotics themselves. Maybe this could be a world event that could be used to add more content?

I would like to hear what you all think, and if anyone has ideas of their own!
    MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.