Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Accessibility - Color Blindness

SmolBeanEmLouSmolBeanEmLou Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
I know there are other discussions about accessibility and there is a whole list on the wiki (https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Accessibility_settings), however I wanted to highlight specifically the color blind aspect in more detail. Especially since there might be more than one system that is based around colors (Being red/green color blind im really worried about having issues with how players are flagged due to the very small ability to tell the difference between all three colors. I can only imagine the increased difficulty when added to the very colorful environments.)

In New Worlds (I know there are other games that do similar things, however I am referencing the most recent MMO I can think of that ive played), the color blind options were just to change the colors to what someone with that type of blindness would see. I.e. changing red to a shade of brown or yellow, or only allowing the colors to change to other preset colors that dont have much diversity (Sometimes it means 3 to 4 different things are the same shade of blue).

I would like to see the ability to either pick colors on an RGB color code scale or at least a large number of preset options (So I can have 4 different blues).

Any discussion or link to another forum that this question was answered is welcome!

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven is also red/green color blind.
    This will be handled.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.