Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

bag space and the overflow of your inventory

how is this being handled or pov by devs?

the annoying situation of not having enough bag space to store your items...

less items to store? or more inventory to begin with?

how is this being handled?

Comments

• Options
    A mail system. Items are sent by mail when the node is destroyed. They do not land in your inventory immediately.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mail
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    Strevi wrote: »
    A mail system. Items are sent by mail when the node is destroyed. They do not land in your inventory immediately.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mail

I note that the OP made no reference of any kind to node destruction, and the mail system doesn't relate to any of their actual questions or the thread title.

As for an actual answer...

We know that both slots and weight will matter, and that space will be limited.
    The Wiki wrote:
    Inventory capacity will be relatively limited for new characters.[9]

Inventory expansion and weight management training certificates are available in the Galleria at City stage economic nodes.[9][10]
    A player's inventory has sections for different types of items. Quest items for example will not fill a player's regular inventory capacity.[9]

Item stacks will in general have quantity limits based on the type of item.[5]

The stacking limit of potions might be one hundred. The stacking limit of food items might be 999 or 1000.[5]
    (ref: Inventory)

There's a spectacular amount of information on inventory limits on the wiki (see the link above). This includes information on...

- Different backpack types for different activities
    - Limits of player housing storage, per housing type, and how it's upgraded
    - How banks work
    - How the Caravans and Mules make transporting large quantities of materials (100x and 10x player inventory limits) possible, and the risks and tradeoffs involved.

There are also situations where you receive certificates instead of items, to allow you to carry more than usual back to a node: "Caravans drop certificates for heavy goods that are redeemable at the origin node for a portion of the goods.[66][63]"
  • Options
    MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited October 2022

the annoying situation of not having enough bag space to store your items...

less items to store? or more inventory to begin with?

how is this being handled?

Same bad experiance with New World ? I am also interesting in the answer... Some players hate crafting but some games force you to craft all the time to make place in your inventory. This is terribly annoying. In New World (when I was playing, maybe it changed), you had to craft the half of your time IG.

I hope there will be a high limit for storage in AOC or at least a good economy to be able to sell your items without crafting all the time.

One solution is to reduce quanities of ingredients necessary for crafting and reduce the drop rate at the same time (mobs/ressources). The permanent feeling of abundance hinders the pleasure of discovering/playing.
  • Options

It's very possible that this is not an issue to devs. They may view it as incredibly good that you might have to choose what to loot and what to throw away. They may allow certain subclasses to have "interdimensional bags" that can hold more items, or tank classes maybe can get more weight limit. There is design space there for an RPG that typical MMO's totally ignore. I hope AOC leans into the FLAVOR of bag space and load limits. I think its interesting to play in constricting environments because they often lead you towards creative solutions.