Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Classes with bonuses in harvesting, crafting, trading - (or long quest ?)

MyosotysMyosotys Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Will there be a class (or classes) with harvesting/crafting/trade bonuses?

Some players set their sights on being rich. These players are often very active commercially and should be encouraged.

The idea would be to favor players who like to farm resources, craft and trade.

- On the one hand this would allow these players to do what they like.
- On the other hand, it would boost the economy and the trade interactions between players.
- Finally, it would allow those who hate these things to trade more with the crafters.

Something like that already planned?

Edit : If this kind of class bonus is not an option, it could be a long quest. A quest, requiring weeks and weeks of farming so that only a few enthusiasts manage to finish it.

The reward could be a title of "Merchant" (for example). With bonuses for harvesting, crafting, luck, trade, tax advantages etc...).

In modern MMOs, I find that there is a lack of long and complex quests. I don't know if the majority of the community shares my opinion, but I hate numerous, short and repetitive quests (FedEX quests).

Comments

• Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    No. You don't get buffs to Artisan skills from Combat classes. They're unrelated systems.
  • Options
    Nope.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Myosotys wrote: »

Some players set their sights on being rich. These players are often very active commercially and should be encouraged.

- On the other hand, it would boost the economy and the trade interactions between players.
    - Finally, it would allow those who hate these things to trade more with the crafters.

I would like if a players invests into crafting/trade bonuses, to lock themselves out from having combat bonuses.
    But harvesting bonuses should be granted to combat fit players, to prevent all these conflicting discussions about PvP-er vs gatherer.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited October 2022
    Strevi wrote: »

I would like if a players invests into crafting/trade bonuses, to lock themselves out from having combat bonuses.
    But harvesting bonuses should be granted to combat fit players, to prevent all these conflicting discussions about PvP-er vs gatherer.

I think you are the only one to see a « conflicting discussion »

Personnaly, I hate crafting, I dont care if im rich or poor, I always spend my gold, and I would be fine to buy all my items to some crafters.

• Options
    StreviStrevi Member
    edited October 2022
    Strevi wrote: »

I think you are the only one to see a « conflicting discussion »

Actually I enjoy the pinned thread.
    And all those solo gatherer « suggestions » :smile:
    But I am somewhat concerned by the hidden purpose of that thread.
    (they had to change the wording a few times by the way)
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    SongRune wrote: »
    No. You don't get buffs to Artisan skills from Combat classes. They're unrelated systems.

That make sense. If this kind of class bonus is not an option, it could be a long quest. A quest, requiring weeks and weeks of farming so that only a few enthusiasts manage to finish it.