Additional abilities in addition to the first and second archetypes.

BoreiBorei Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
I met in one of the articles that in addition to the second archetype there will be unique abilities obtained, for example, for completing certain tasks or achievements.

I would like to know if developers still want to implement similar mechanics in the game?

Comments

• secondary archetype doesn't give you extra abilites. It allows you to augment existing onces. But you can get augments from race, religion and others i think
  • Borei wrote: »
    I met in one of the articles that in addition to the second archetype there will be unique abilities obtained, for example, for completing certain tasks or achievements.
    Do you have a link to that article?
  • Borei wrote: »

I would like to know if developers still want to implement similar mechanics in the game?

Religion system?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Religions

Augments

Strong religions provide unique augments that can be applied to a player's primary skills.[49][6]

Religious augments are considered top-tier achievements within a religion.[49]
    These augments can be stacked on top of class augments. They will have a give-and-take system based on the choices a player makes.[49]

You're going to have advancement within the religion and within the church that you're a part of. And those advancements are going to be both reflective of the community's development of that religion out in the world: Building temples, building infrastructure for that, completing certain quests for it; and then you will benefit from the community's development of that specific religion via having certain augment abilities that you'll gain access to be able to apply on top of your secondary class augments to skills; and it's going to reflect what the nature of that religion is.[53] – Steven Sharif

Unique titles.[49]
    Certain titles will unlock special abilities or stats during sieges and events.[50][51]

Let's say you go to the temple and you sign up to be a follower of that religion. There is an inter-organization quest line that can advance and rank and title and only one person can be the leader for a period of time. If they advance all the way to the top. So like during sieges they'll have special benefits like they can you know grant divine prayer buff to allies within x amount of distance of them during the siege.[50] – Steven Sharif

insomnia wrote: »
    secondary archetype doesn't give you extra abilites. It allows you to augment existing onces. But you can get augments from race, religion and others i think

Secondary Archetype will change the already existing abilities, howevever, if you change an ability enough is it the same ability even?

For example, if your ''summon wolf'' ability is now an aoe and summons several skeletons of fallen enemies around you and is named ''raise dead'' is it even the same ability?
    Technically yes, it does the exact thing, it's a summoning ability. Maybe it even has the same cooldown and mana cost. But is it really the same ability? Let's be real.

Until alpha 2 or at least an extensive stream (not the ''ohh we're going to reveal the ranger'' --> reveals a handful of abilities and some bow shooting) we're just not going to know.

Personally I hope the secondary archetypes provide notable changes in gameplay. It would be logical for such a major, once in the game choice to actualy matter.

What does notable mean tho?

For me it means ''aww s**t the fighter coming at me is a Highsword so I better do X as opposed to Y if it was a Weaponmaster or Z if it was a Spellsword''. Simply put, enough to trigger a distinct fast reaction.

• SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    Borei wrote: »

You will not get new skills from your Secondary Archetype (augments only, which tweak your existing skills).
    Races and Social Organizations will also provide augments. I haven't heard talk of them giving you skills.
    You will not get new skills from your Weapon (but you do get a skilltree full of passives).

That said, in Alpha-1 (the latest/only public testing period so far) there was at least one quest item that could be used as an active skill. It effectively cast fireball on a specific type of undead creature. Based on that, I believe your answer is most likely to be 'yes'.