Are there any thieves skill in this game

I'm just curious are there any thievery skill in this game such as pickpocket or possibly the ability like in the old game Altima online, where you had objects in the world that was stealable for home decoration and that you could periodically on a timer with the thieving skill steal those objects.I used to have a shop that sold exclusively things that could be attained by that skill ,it would be nice to have items for home decoration that was not player made and not a game skin from the store if that is added.

Comments

• SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    There is explicitly no way to pickpocket other players. If you want someone's stuff you have to kill them. (ref: The wiki page on Theft)

I haven't heard anything about stealing other items. There will be a Thieves Guild, and it will have various quests and related activities though, so we'll see...
  • ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    I hope so, maybe not steal from players. But pickpocket, and pick lock related skills, which will eat into your skillpoint economy.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited October 2022
    Thanndar wrote: »
    I'm just curious are there any thievery skill in this game such as pickpocket or possibly the ability like in the old game Altima online, where you had objects in the world that was stealable for home decoration and that you could periodically on a timer with the thieving skill steal those objects.I used to have a shop that sold exclusively things that could be attained by that skill ,it would be nice to have items for home decoration that was not player made and not a game skin from the store if that is added.

I didn’t read about that. Why not… But not PvP steal please )) If you must worry about everyone coming too close to you + open world PvP it will become survival game.
  • @Myosotys you know you drop gatherables/processed goods/certificates on death? from pvp or pve deaths
  • DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    I wouldn't mind seeing some dungeon content that requires someone with "thief" skills to access or detect certain areas.

Of course I suppose this stuff would just get wiki'd to death so the sense of discovery wouldn't be there.
  • Diamaht wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing some dungeon content that requires someone with "thief" skills to access or detect certain areas.

Of course I suppose this stuff would just get wiki'd to death so the sense of discovery wouldn't be there.

Classes should have a class specific skill. Like a cleric can cleanse an area so you can get through. Mage being able to remove an illusion or something like that. Unless of course the idea has been scrapped

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6iNpeHv7l1Y