Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

BIG proposal for Naval travel/trade - currents

MixaZavrMixaZavr Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Roads... Roads are great, on roads you can travel faster, on roads you encounter caravans, along the roads you can find monsters to kill or a tavern to come. From crossroads start's his path a Metropolis - roads are great. But what if we're have roads in ocean?

I glad to present you currents - basically a roads on water! Currents give more speed to your ship if you stay in it.

Currents give trader's a opportunity to move goods significantly more faster, but current just like a road always stays in the same place, this makes path of the ship more predictable for other players who now can setup a trap and capture him. Trader now has to make a decision - he can travel faster at risk being captured, or choose more safe but slower path. risk vs reward

Ocean's of the AoC are wast, sometimes it may be difficult to find anything in it, currents give a solution to that problem - just follow along the current and you definitely find a adventure, maybe you find some horrible monsters to kill, or priceless treasure to obtain, or, if you unlucky enough, enemy guild to flee from. Possibilities are endless!

Currents will bee a enormous help to the chosen one - Steven Sharif and his team to fill the emptiness of the ocean with meaningful content.

Currents are cool! :)

P.S. sorry for sloppy English it's my 4 language ;)

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Probable.

They're unlikely to add Naval content, and weather, and different ship types, and then not do at LEAST as well as BDO.

Will those currents CHANGE with the weather? Who knows, but we will probably get something.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    Probable.

They're unlikely to add Naval content, and weather, and different ship types, and then not do at LEAST as well as BDO.

Will those currents CHANGE with the weather? Who knows, but we will probably get something.

No, i don't think they should change with the weather, current has to be predictable in order to work properly. If you want variable effect to the ship speed it can be wind.