Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvE only

Heya just want to know if there will be PvE only servers... I don't mind existence of pvp for others but it has never been my liking, so are they going to exist or not? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nope all servers will have the same rulesets.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    no-no-please.gif
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    :smile:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    PvX everywhere on every server.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Mocan wrote: »
    Heya just want to know if there will be PvE only servers... I don't mind existence of pvp for others but it has never been my liking, so are they going to exist or not? Thanks!

The goal is that if you want to be a PvE player, you can. If the corruption system works properly then there will be a big penalty for attacking pure PvE players.

Yes you will still get killed, but the goal is it will be rare, and that you won't have to constantly engage in PvP if you do not want to.

PvE will be possible, but it will have some downsides. Hopefully the rest of the game will outweigh those downsides.
  • Options
    How many more of these threads will there be?

Given that player interest will be exponentially higher as we get closer to launch??
  • Options
    Yeah, please give us a PvE server! The solution to all of the problems
  • Options
    Sure, if you don't leave the city you can have a entire PvE experience.
  • Options
    I need PUBG and Fornite PvE servers too!
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    DarkTidesDarkTides Member
    edited October 2022

haha-stir-the-pot.gif

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

ukldfbbwus0k.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Peregrinus wrote: »

Let's just make sure we all understand your complaints here. Are you upset about the corruption system? Do you know what corruption is? Do you know how the node system will work and how it will function on a PvE server without PVP? Do you know that about 80% of all dungeons, raids, and bosses are open-world, and only 20% is instance based? Do you know that when a node reaches level 6 it locks out other nodes in that area from leveling up and some content in that area never gets discovered without the destruction of the level 6 node? Do you know that there is no level 1-50 zones rather it all depends on the node leveling? Do you know players are not fixed to one starting point and enter the world from anywhere? Do you know that high-level gears and mounts are scarce and that can add conflict as to who will get the mats? Without open-world PVP how will anyone contest large guilds and any party that locks down an area because it's mostly all open-world bosses and not instances? Do you want intrepid to now rework how the game works on PvE servers?
  • Options
    LordBlank wrote: »

Let's just make sure we all understand your complaints here. Are you upset about the corruption system? Do you know what corruption is? Do you know how the node system will work and how it will function on a PvE server without PVP? Do you know that about 80% of all dungeons, raids, and bosses are open-world, and only 20% is instance based? Do you know that when a node reaches level 6 it locks out other nodes in that area from leveling up and some content in that area never gets discovered without the destruction of the level 6 node? Do you know that there is no level 1-50 zones rather it all depends on the node leveling? Do you know players are not fixed to one starting point and enter the world from anywhere? Do you know that high-level gears and mounts are scarce and that can add conflict as to who will get the mats? Without open-world PVP how will anyone contest large guilds and any party that locks down an area because it's mostly all open-world bosses and not instances? Do you want intrepid to now rework how the game works on PvE servers?

on top of that, i need people to farm ores and chop trees and sell them to me cuz i really dont wanna do that ;3
    whos gonna chop all the trees if they are in a pve server? T_T
  • Options
    AndyAndy Member
    edited October 2022

Remember guys.

This type of players will next complain about PvE content not being instanced and will ask for instanced content because "wtf i have to join a guilds to do it"

They don't want to play a sandbox MMORPGs + they don't even know how the corruption system work but they're already asking to make huge change to the game.
  • Options
    I dunno. I think the answer for this type of player is GW2.
  • Options
    Zer0Kelvin wrote: »
    I dunno. I think the answer for this type of player is GW2.

or cry and cry and cry till it gets changed like they did with new world lol :P i think there trying this strat atm and i hope it fails and not ruin another game :pensive:
  • Options
    Andy wrote: »

Remember guys.

This type of players will next complain about PvE content not being instanced and will ask for instanced content because "wtf i have to join a guilds to do it"

They don't want to play a sandbox MMORPGs + they don't even know how the corruption system work but they're already asking to make huge change to the game.

i know right we need 2 wait to see corruption systerm in game before u can say anything bout it alot of it comes down to values of corruption per action and so on might only be able to get 5 green kills a day before we drop gear on death or might be less and so on.
    Also this game world is so large and no real fast travel i suspect ull see alot of the world untouched by pvpers since alot will cluster in there guild area where the guild taken up residence which will become high pvp density area but further u get out from there the less pvp will happen.
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    LordBlank wrote: »

on top of that, i need people to farm ores and chop trees and sell them to me cuz i really dont wanna do that ;3
    whos gonna chop all the trees if they are in a pve server? T_T

tbh most pvp players will do what they need to to accomodate there pvp, darkfall an example here much pve farmign happened with only pvp players
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited October 2022
    WoW players be like, Why isn't AoC like WoW 1.25 so i can play it for a month, quit and go back to WoW. Like every other mmorpg in the golden age that was killed by WoW