Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crafter's Design Vs Racial Appearance

So in the wiki, it says specifically "Crafters are able to influence what their crafted items will look like." and "An 'item creation suite' that allows crafters to create unique appearances for items has been discussed as a future possibility." Also heard the rumor that you can customize mounts you raise in Animal Husbandry. I also heard that armor sets will change how they look depending on the race. "Weapons and armor are not race locked, but armor will take on a racial appearance."

There is virtually no information as of yet to go on so I won't ask too many questions, but doesn't this seem like kinda conflicting features? Don't get me wrong, I love both ideas, especially the take that every race will be fashionably distinct, however that kinda goes against the crafter's wishes in a way doesn't it? Or am I overthinking this and any racial changes will be very mild like in Guild Wars 2 where Charr gear kinda has to look a tiny bit different from Human gear because they have tails and snouts? What do y'all think? Any speculations? When I read Racial Appearance for armor sets I figure a Nikua and a Vek will look completely different from eachother even while wearing the same gear, like mage gear where the Nikua is wearing palm leaves and magic runes while the Vek has sun-god Aztec robes.

TLDR: Just wondering how customization in armor crafting plays with the racial appearance feature. Assuming these features are still expected to be a thing.