Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Simple solution to everyone's main world PVP concern

Whenever a "Green" player initiates combat with an npc, they get an honorable combat buff that doesn't allow them to be a target of purple and red players during, and for a few seconds after combat. Red and Purple marked players get no such buff. Problem solved.

Comments

• Options
    If a group of people wants to mess up that green player's farm, they'll just attack him with their most powerful abilities and bring him down to some low % of hp, at which point the green player might die to the mob.

That group of players would be green themselves before the attack, so the buff wouldn't work against them.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vissox wrote: »
    Whenever a "Green" player initiates combat with an npc, they get an honorable combat buff that doesn't allow them to be a target of purple and red players during, and for a few seconds after combat. Red and Purple marked players get no such buff. Problem solved.

This doesn't solve any of my concerns at all.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    If a group of people wants to mess up that green player's farm, they'll just attack him with their most powerful abilities and bring him down to some low % of hp, at which point the green player might die to the mob.

That group of players would be green themselves before the attack, so the buff wouldn't work against them.

crazy how you didn't read my post.
  • Options
    Azherae wrote: »

This doesn't solve any of my concerns at all.

So are you gonna name them or just be contrarian.
  • Options
    Funny how you blame me for doing to your post what you did to mine.

Unless Intrepid goes with the "intention over action" design, the act of attacking someone will flag you only once you've finished your strike. In other words, just as I said in my post, the group of players would be green, they would then make a single attack each which would then flag them as purple. But the attacks themselves would go through because they came from green players and not purple ones.
  • Options
    ClintHardwoodClintHardwood Member
    edited October 2022
    There is no fix to this problem. World PvP is the main driving force of ashes and there are people that won't like it because they can't handle loss or want to turn off their brain while playing. They need to move on. Play a different game. Not allowing people to attack those in combat with mobs is a terrible band-aid fix that doesn't actually fix anything and in fact stifles a vital aspect of gameplay.

How to tell if you'll like AoC:
    Go play Albion Online, level a bit, and venture into red and black zones. When you eventually die and lose everything you're carrying, which you will, will you ragequit and write a salty review on steam or try to get better? The answer to that question will be the same for AoC.
  • Options
    Funny how you blame me for doing to your post what you did to mine.

Unless Intrepid goes with the "intention over action" design, the act of attacking someone will flag you only once you've finished your strike. In other words, just as I said in my post, the group of players would be green, they would then make a single attack each which would then flag them as purple. But the attacks themselves would go through because they came from green players and not purple ones.

Sorry I didn't list every color of the fucking rainbow just so you would understand, that fucking OBVIOUSLY I ment that such a buff would protect players from combat from players while in the course of pve and healing for a few second afterwards.
  • Options
    The butthurtness because of pvp is delicious. Cant wait to raid enemies nodes.
  • Options
    There is no fix to this problem. World PvP is the main driving force of ashes and there are people that won't like it because they can't handle loss or want to turn off their brain while playing. They need to move on. Not allowing people to attack those in combat with mobs is a terrible band-aid fix that doesn't actually fix anything and in fact stifles a vital aspect of gameplay.

It's bonkers to me that players want to turn their brain off but then advocate for hybrid combat over tab targeting. I think the main issue with this game is noone knows what they want to play. Games like LoL exist, that soley rely on pvp as meat and potatoes and mmo players lose their minds when they hear the concept.
  • Options
    Ehrgeiz wrote: »
    The butthurtness because of pvp is delicious. Cant wait to raid enemies nodes.

Facts, these kids are free.
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't list every color of the fucking rainbow just so you would understand, that fucking OBVIOUSLY I ment that such a buff would protect players from combat from players while in the course of pve and healing for a few second afterwards.
    You didn't write out your suggestion correctly and then get agro about critiques that address exactly the point that you didn't properly explain in your suggestion. Do better
  • Options
    You didn't write out your suggestion correctly and then get agro about critiques that address exactly the point that you didn't properly explain in your suggestion. Do better

I'd rather weed out the people who think than make my comments easier for the disabled to read.
  • Options
    *sigh* and this thread goes into the gutter. All that was needed was you to admit that this wasn't specified in the original post then correct it so this thread can continue rather than turning into an argument. But not just that, I'm not going to point fingers but no need to respond like that as I don't want this community to go toxic before it's even out.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options

No thanks.

It takes out a huge chunk of world pvp to the point of almost removing it.

The world needs to be dangerous and unfair odds are an intrinsic part of combat.
    If the game's world does not feel dangerous it feels sterile and this jus won't be a good rpg.

The corruption system as described will be more than enough. Its stats can always be buffed.

• Options
    he wanna fill his bag gathering and run to town hitting mobs xD
    or not get ganked while killing mobs
    wheres the risk then? why did you remove it? if we remove the risk, we should remove the reward too, its only fair
  • Options
    False positivity is equally as toxic. Grow a spine.

You're just making this worse for yourself, this post alone proves you are the exact kind of person I was talking about.

Anyway, where this thread should be going if people can manage to behave. Giving a PvP immunity during PvE encounters could be helpful. Depending on how soon after the mob they kill is defeated they may have time to heal and buff up to level the playing field with people who want to fight them.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options
    No, life isnt fair, game either.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    No. Just go play a safe game with no PK that
    fixes all your concerns. Enough of all these shit posts with stupid "solutions" for non-issues.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2022
    Hell no. This isnt open world pvp at all. This is a parallel seperation of players.
    Where is the conflict of interests? Where is the danger of failure?
    What are you even talking about, unable to be attacked just because you just wanna kill mobs and lvl/gather?
    This suggestion isnt at all what AoC is trying to be. Why should they implement this?
  • Options
    horrible idea

stop giving ideas in that carebearing direction
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options

no
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

While I like the intent, it doesn't fit with what Steven is trying to create. Steven wants players to fight over PVE such as open world dungeon bosses and world bosses. If the players are protected from PVP while fighting those targets, that PVP won't be happening during the PVE fight.

My vote is to change it to the OP suggestion anyway. PVP over locations can happen before and after the PVE fight(s). If new coming players want to interfere with boss fights, the newcomers can do a DPS race against the boss to try to steal the drops. If a spawn of normal mobs is being fought over, the aggressor can DPS the mobs to help clear the area and then fight.

I think this change would make the gameplay feel much better and PVP over locations and bosses is still pretty much unrestricted. They could put it in Alpha 2 and test with feedback.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack

While I like the intent, it doesn't fit with what Steven is trying to create. Steven wants players to fight over PVE such as open world dungeon bosses and world bosses. If the players are protected from PVP while fighting those targets, that PVP won't be happening during the PVE fight.

My vote is to change it to the OP suggestion anyway. PVP over locations can happen before and after the PVE fight(s). If new coming players want to interfere with boss fights, the newcomers can do a DPS race against the boss to try to steal the drops. If a spawn of normal mobs is being fought over, the aggressor can DPS the mobs to help clear the area and then fight.

I think this change would make the gameplay feel much better and PVP over locations and bosses is still pretty much unrestricted. They could put it in Alpha 2 and test with feedback.

And even plain mobs, not just bosses.
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    x4rnv8ope0df.gif
  • Options
    Nope. This feels like a soccer-mom strapping pillows to the goal post.

You’re not going to be safe in Ashes.

Corruption is going to suck for the Red, but I don’t want to restrict their ability to make bad choices.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Doesn't seem very reasonable.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    Before replying to your idea, I would love to know something you seem to know but I don't: What's everyone's main world PVP concern?

Thanks!
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options

No, greens are not special and shouldn't be treated so

Greens will simly pull aggro on them and steal mob kills and protect themselves against retaliation
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited October 2022
    BaSkA13 wrote: »
    Before replying to your idea, I would love to know something you seem to know but I don't: What's everyone's main world PVP concern?

Thanks!

The OP hasn't posted in three days.

What's that snazzy idiom?

Silence is golden??

:D
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2022
    I really don't understand the worries people have with open world PvP, Imo it is OK to get farmed or not being able to do content. Just remember it for next time and gank the person back. It shows what the last decade of gaming did to people. Just like irl; In the end all a person has left is his reputation and in a social game like Ashes you cant be a murder hobo and expect to be populair getting invited to a big guild or dungeon teams because there is always this one person you killed in the past that will reject teaming up etc.
    Signature-member.gif?ex=662c6fb5&is=662b1e35&hm=744ebdac6f48ada39a67db749760a28b2b88b3514a4acd22e07fd49b24821760&