Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A small request for Intrepid

Please show, or at least tell, us more info about your current progress on the PvE side of the game. I'm talking about mechanical details or maybe AI progress (if there is any) or anything of that sort.

We've heard about the pvp changes in recent streams, which led to, at this point, dozens of forum threads on the topic. You always say that you want discussion and feedback from the community, so I believe it's time to require some feedback on the PvE side.

Steven has claimed that he wants to have hardcore pve content "that only <10% of the playerbase will be able to clear". And that dungeons will track players' progress and performance in order to potentially increase the difficulty of the content deeper inside.

Have you done any kind of work towards reaching those goals? Has the direction changed in any way since making those claims? We've got a ton of both visual and mechanical reveals in the dev streams from this year and I'm pretty sure everyone loved those in one way or another. But I do believe it is time to get a bit more info about the PvE's dev progress.

And imo it would be completely fine if you just say "we haven't really done anything about it yet, because we were working on other basic stuff required for alpha2". I'm just asking you to mention PvE at all. And while seeing new mobs (like the minotaurs) is awesome, I'd love to see a more technical discussion on the topic rather than a purely visual one. And if you have someone working on mob/boss AI right now, having them on the stream, for even just a few minutes, to talk about their current progress would be incredible, though I understand that it might be very difficult to find something concrete to talk about.

I'll ping @Vaknar in hopes of better visibility. I understand that this request is a bit late and you've probably already determined all the talking points for the upcoming stream, but even just saying "we gonna discuss PvE in detail in the upcoming streams" would quell my worries quite a bit. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    They mentioned in a recent stream that soon they'll present the gameplay.
    I hope that offers a general overview about how the life of the average player will be.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!