Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Idea for Identifying kits in AOC

I have an idea for Identifying kits and how they can be used.
I find their normal use of just "identifying" an item and it randomly rolls stats like every other game quite boring. I was thinking though, what if identifying kits were a really rare drop, and instead of identifying an item to see it's quality or stats or something, You identify an item to see it's market listed price in all major nodes? This would make them highly sought after by traders or people that find a rare drop and want to get the most for it. And would encourage trade between nodes.

Comments

• Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    "Identifying" your item to find out what you even have (stats-wise or generally) is a terrible idea.

I can see this sort of "Market Newsletter" style 'identify' being useful, though. Particularly if there's a cost to them that makes it an actual decision. It turns bad quickly if this is something most people would want to use more than once or twice a day.
  • Options
    SongRune wrote: »
    "Identifying" your item to find out what you even have (stats-wise or generally) is a terrible idea.

I can see this sort of "Market Newsletter" style 'identify' being useful, though. Particularly if there's a cost to them that makes it an actual decision. It turns bad quickly if this is something most people would want to use more than once or twice a day.

I agree, that's why I would like them to be a rare drop. So that they are pretty expensive to even sell on the market. So you generally wouldn't want to use it all the time, or even on cheap material type items. Unless that is yer looking to sell like hundreds or thousands at a time and thus want the best price. Making the cost of consuming the market identifier type item worth it.
  • Options
    Taaku wrote: »
    I have an idea for Identifying kits and how they can be used.
    I find their normal use of just "identifying" an item and it randomly rolls stats like every other game quite boring. I was thinking though, what if identifying kits were a really rare drop, and instead of identifying an item to see it's quality or stats or something, You identify an item to see it's market listed price in all major nodes? This would make them highly sought after by traders or people that find a rare drop and want to get the most for it. And would encourage trade between nodes.

Crafted items are best-in-slot in Ashes of Creation.[53] Previously it was stated that crafted items will be on-par with best-in-slot items.

Instanced content will contain scripted and difficult boss fights that drop gear, but the gear drops will not be best-in-slot. These can only be found in the open world.

No need for kits, and I'm willing to bet there will be some type of website scrapping the market data of other nodes.