Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"White Knight" Guild and/or Sherpa Rewards

DroogyDroogy Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
In the throes of all of this PvP discussion, I was wondering if Intrepid have announced anything along the lines of a system to reward guilds for helping out citizens in PvP, or PvE content.

Hoping not to dredge up more arguments on opt-in OW PvP, it seems to have been beaten to death so far. But I was watching a certain YouTube video talking about this and the take was something along these lines: "no guild will step in to help players, or smaller guilds who are having content blocked by PvP griefers because the incentive to grief is always higher than to be helpful."

This got me thinking that one potential solution, while very much staying in the lines of the player-driven stories mentality, would be for a reward system to aid others or sherpa through content. I don't know how this would be set up to avoid extreme exploitability, but I couldn't find any other discussion on here so I thought I'd bring it up.

What are ya'lls thoughts? Is this something that could be a net positive for the game?

Comments

• Options
    This is the closest info we have afaik
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mentor_program

But yes, I'd love for there to be several system-based rewards for helping people out. The bounty hunter system is one such mechanic, but we don't have enough info on how exactly it'll work, and from what I've understood it seems to mainly rely on the fact that any PKer will have a shitton of corruption and would take very long to grind it off by XPing. And I personally have several issues with that kind of design, but I wanna hear more details before giving even more feedback than I've already given.
  • Options
    why> why do u want the system to reward u. the community will. reputation, favors, discount gear.
    think outside the box
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2022
    BlackBrony wrote: »
    why> why do u want the system to reward u. the community will. reputation, favors, discount gear.
    think outside the box

That's right. As soon as you make it a system it's just farming for progress, not helping anybody.
    People should do the right thing without expecting a fucking reward to be mailed to them.
    If you have the strength to be good in such a way, good things actually come to you, and you are esteemed.
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pure speculation. No idea if this is the intended design of the node system.

But similar to New World settlements, the top guild or guilds of a node may have a general desire for people to come to their node. It stimulates the economy and node XP/development. They'd feel compelled to provide some semblance of security in their node region in order to attract these people, and provide a stable and mutually beneficial environment.

So not everyone is just some pvp target or random dude in a video game. They're a potential part of the community and economy, whether permanently or just passing through.

I don't think everyone will play like this or approach it this way, some areas will certainly be hostile. But it may be almost required to attract people to your node if you intend to propel your node and maintain it as one of the limited in number metropolises, which are limited to 5 total at a time.

Not a direct answer to your question, but if true, could show a motivation for people to cooperate and collaborate more with strangers as opposed to only viewing them as competition.

Other than that, the mentorship thing Nikr mentioned. I know nothing about it lol